Hello, new guy here

Hi All, new member here. Just became the owner of a rtv1100 last month that I believe is a 2008 model. She isn't pretty but she runs like a top. I've been going through the machine a little bit at a time and fixing things. Earlier this week I removed the entire airbox assembly because I had cold air coming from the dash vents but hot air from the defrost. I had a feeling that something was jammed inside and sure enough upon disassembly I found a 2 bottles of hand sanitizer, a glove, a pair of pliers, a pencil and a key. lol. I gave everything a thorough degreasing and scrub and then reassembled and re-installed. Big job and I had some concerns about half way though, standing there and looking at the pile of parts I had removed but I got everything back in there. I haven't charged the ac yet but the heat is working perfect.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and thanks for all the info you all have posted.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new to you RTV!
If you look at the VIN plate, the 10th digit should reflect the year. If your VIN# is only 16 characters, it'll be the 9th digit.