Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Bill,
You will always be my friend. You are in peace & with God. >>>>
........ jamie

This is just a couple of Bill's Pictures of his friends who he always sent me pictures of.

Attachments

• bills Twins.jpg
    bills Twins.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 274
  • bills turkey.jpg
    bills turkey.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 270

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Bill is with HIM. For Bill no more pain and misery. No more worry about those left behind. For those of us that KNOW God and praise where HE has taken Bill let us join together and give thanks that Bill, while here, let all know exactly how strong his faith was, so he is with God and His Son, waiting for US.
God, help Bill's family with the pain and give them the strength to carry the load as they walk down your path, without Bill....Amen

Mark.Sibole

for some reason I thought about Bill floating around up in heaven while shooting this last night. Its weird how people pop into mind while I image things.
http://astronomy.qteaser.com/images/veilwide200mmlens.jpg
veilwide200mmlens.jpg

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Anyone have a golf cart?

Neighbor stopped by with a Club Car cart with a Kaw engine. Ran good, plastic was good but didn't have a bed in the back. Configured for golf club bags.

Price was right but I just can't think of where it would be a better selection over an ATV or the RTV.

Anyone have one and find it's a better option for some things?

ovrszd

My Son has one with a gas engine. He just plays with it and doesn't use it for much more than running back and forth to my other Son's house. They live about 300yds apart.

Some friends of mine have one they use a lot. But it's always just basic transportation. I don't think a Golf Cart will stand any kind of hard work. :)

herman48

I apologize for disappearing for so long, friends. I had my second hip replaced at the end of August, and that and many other things kept me away from the forums. I can walk really well, now, and I can sleep at night. I was in continuous pain before surgery. I had to put away Dixie (my Kubota) for a long time, though, because it was hard (and it still isn't easy) to operate brake and gas pedals. The way they are placed rather high above the floor forces me to raise my right leg too far for a recently replaced hip. But things are getting better by the day and I have been driving it for several weeks, though it still is hard to raise my right leg high enough when I am wearing my snake boots (heavy and awkward). Tomorrow I need to go refill a feeder and place some deer attractant on a few stumps near my blind. Muzzleloader season opens on the 16th of November. Last fall, with both hips malfunctioning a couple of times I had to use a walker to reach the blind. It's rained long and hard the past two or three days, and I have a feeling I'll have to use 4WD and the rear differential lock (and maybe the winch) to go past the bad mudhole on the way to the blind. That Alabama clay is a real pain. Well, I'm glad to be back, friends. When you go under the knife (especially at my age--67--with two heart attacks in the past 5 years and diabetes) you never know...

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Glad to see you back and with your health coming back to "normal". At our age, as we see folks even younger complaining about what they suffer, it is great to know that we made it through all that and more. lol...hard not to just say to them "quit your griping and ego trip and learn to live with what HE gives you".....Thanks for being here.....God bless....Dennis

ovrszd

Glad to see you back and with your health coming back to "normal". At our age, as we see folks even younger complaining about what they suffer, it is great to know that we made it through all that and more. lol...hard not to just say to them "quit your griping and ego trip and learn to live with what HE gives you".....Thanks for being here.....God bless....Dennis

I agree with the "what HE gives you" part. So I never look badly on younger people complaining. What HE gave them might be different than what HE gave me. So I just feel Blessed.

milkman

Herman, glad to see you on this side of the hip replacement, I had my rt hip replaced about 3 yrs ago and I never give it a thought anymore, completely pain free hip and works as well as it did 30 yrs ago. Knees are another story, I had both knees replaced Sept. '14 and it took about 7 months till I could sleep through the night. Most people who have had their hip done, are pain free after the healing. I'm 71 and I plan on going long enough to wear out my RTV.

herman48

Herman, glad to see you on this side of the hip replacement, I had my rt hip replaced about 3 yrs ago and I never give it a thought anymore, completely pain free hip and works as well as it did 30 yrs ago. Knees are another story, I had both knees replaced Sept. '14 and it took about 7 months till I could sleep through the night. Most people who have had their hip done, are pain free after the healing. I'm 71 and I plan on going long enough to wear out my RTV.

My wife had one of her knees completely replaced, and after the healing and the physical therapy (about three or four weeks) she was pain free. I wonder why you had such a bad time of it for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.