Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaiJiu

Well I broke down and ordered a trail cam today Moultrie 880, I was going to hold off but my wife said order it now, she's been wanting one for awile, actually she wanted to order two, I wanted try this one for awhile first, if I order another it will likely be the 990i.

RedAnt

Before moving to my new property I lived in the suburbs. As long as I could get across the ice on my driveway to ice-free pavement I rode my V-Strom year round. I had good winter gear, heated grips and an electric jacket liner if it got down below 10F. It was always the ice that stopped my riding. Last year I road all but a few weeks.

This year I moved to my new rural place. 1/3 mile driveway with a hill, another 1/4 to pavement. I stopped riding when the hill got iced over, and don't expect to be able to ride for at least another month (or two) untill we see dirt again.

Not being able to extend my riding season is truly the worst part of my new place. Before the Kioti & BEFCO Grading Scraper the worst part was the dirt road. Now the road is great, unless it's covered with a sheet of ice.

Still waiting to see how stir crazy I get when I haven't ridden in months...

Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Still waiting to see how stir crazy I get when I haven't ridden in months...
Just sit on the seat, hit the throttle and shout "vroom, vroom". That worked for my son on his ATV in the past. ;)

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Two Guns are both those bikes yours? WOW

Yes Sir,

And just got this one for Mrs. Two Guns a few months ago.....

........ just sold the red & white Honda ACE

Attachments

• Black Bike.jpg
    Black Bike.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_0104.jpg
    DSC_0104.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Just sit on the seat, hit the throttle and shout "vroom, vroom". That worked for my son on his ATV in the past. ;)

.......... Well, I tried that with Mrs. Two Guns. MISTAKE !!!!

She said, "OK then, since you want to be a smart ass about it, you can go to the cafe up in town and let them fix your supper " .........

She loves her new motorbike. I have joked with her so much about NOT being able to ride for reason of the weather, that this must of hit a nerve ....

Anybody want to meet me at the cafe and have supper tonight ?:wink:

.......... two guns

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Well I broke down and ordered a trail cam today Moultrie 880, I was going to hold off but my wife said order it now, she's been wanting one for awile, actually she wanted to order two, I wanted try this one for awhile first, if I order another it will likely be the 990i.

That is great.

Keep us up to date on how well you like.
How easy ( or not ) it is to set up.

Give us a review on your opinion on the camera !!!

........ jamie

BaiJiu

Yes Sir,

And just got this one for Mrs. Two Guns a few months ago.....

........ just sold the red & white Honda ACE
That's just too cool; I know how you feel about not getting out to ride, been there done that and I still miss it.

BaiJiu

That is great.

Keep us up to date on how well you like.
How easy ( or not ) it is to set up.

Give us a review on your opinion on the camera !!!

........ jamie
I will do that. the camera should be here Thurs/Fri I am anxious to get it set up somewhere, though we are having a difference of opinion on just exactly where that will be.

I've tried to find out if there are temperature limitations on these cameras but I can't seem to find any information. It's winter here in Canada and I don't know if it will work or even if blowing snow will screw it up in terms of shooting photos of snow flakes; If anyone has experience using these units in winter conditions I and most likely other would love to here about it.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I don't know if it will work or even if blowing snow will screw it up in terms of shooting photos of snow flakes; QUOTE]

We don't have any snow down here. But, I know rain didn't effect it any. Cold weather seemed to make them more sensitive.....

...... two guns

BaiJiu

For me this a learn as you go scenario, I'm going to try it in all four seasons and in all weather. One year from now or less I will definitely know what it can do or not.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
For me this a learn as you go scenario, I'm going to try it in all four seasons and in all weather.QUOTE]

Be careful. This becomes VERY addictive.

Mrs. Two Guns and myself do this all year round in the woods. We call it
"CAMERA RUNNING".... It gets where you just can't wait to see what
is on them gadgets. And some of the things you see will blow your mind...

We can watch the movement of the wild hogs, deer, even set them up watching beaver build there dams and huts.
And, we have caught many pouchers and tresspassers on the property.
And some of the things we have caught them (pouchers) doing. What is funny is put up a camera where they can see it . They will always go for it to destroy or steal. Then, have a second and/or third camera (infared) watching that camera and thugs.
Also have set cameras up on old roads going into the place to catch tag numbers and vehicles. They never see it !!!!
Payment of the camera they touched is ALWAYS in the "payback" ...... Even if they only open it up and steal the SD card. They ARE going to pay for the whole camera.

It will open up a whole new world .... You will see things that you thought never existed or could ever happen !!!!

Wildlife is wonderful. God knew what he was doing !!!

......... two guns

POST SCRIPT:
HDS
I am in the starting stages of drawing up my son another company logo, for small
decals that many of his customers is wanting .....
HUNTER'S DIESEL SPECIALTIES LLC.
Have a long way to go, like trimming up around the stacks and filters.
Lot of fill in. But it coming along.
How is it looking so far, got to know.

Attachments

• HDS.jpg
    HDS.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

cpsseals

TWO GUNS;106351 we have caught many pouchers and tresspassers on the property. And some of the things we have caught them (pouchers) doing.[/QUOTE said:
I'd love to see some of these posted!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I'd love to see some of these posted!

Trust me, Wish I could. But once was going to post some pics up in town. But, was advised not to, for legal reasons. So best not, just on the safe side.....

......... two guns

cpsseals

I agree, but would be fun to see all the same. Guess it doesn't matter what side of the border your on, the laws are set up to protect the guilty and the victims be damned.

BaiJiu

For me this a learn as you go scenario, I'm going to try it in all four seasons and in all weather.QUOTE]

Be careful. This becomes VERY addictive.

Mrs. Two Guns and myself do this all year round in the woods. We call it
"CAMERA RUNNING".... It gets where you just can't wait to see what
is on them gadgets. And some of the things you see will blow your mind...

We can watch the movement of the wild hogs, deer, even set them up watching beaver build there dams and huts.
And, we have caught many pouchers and tresspassers on the property.
And some of the things we have caught them (pouchers) doing. What is funny is put up a camera where they can see it . They will always go for it to destroy or steal. Then, have a second and/or third camera (infared) watching that camera and thugs.
Also have set cameras up on old roads going into the place to catch tag numbers and vehicles. They never see it !!!!
Payment of the camera they touched is ALWAYS in the "payback" ...... Even if they only open it up and steal the SD card. They ARE going to pay for the whole camera.

It will open up a whole new world .... You will see things that you thought never existed or could ever happen !!!!

Wildlife is wonderful. God knew what he was doing !!!

......... two guns

POST SCRIPT:
HDS
I am in the starting stages of drawing up my son another company logo, for small
decals that many of his customers is wanting .....
HUNTER'S DIESEL SPECIALTIES LLC.
Have a long way to go, like trimming up around the stacks and filters.
Lot of fill in. But it coming along.
How is it looking so far, got to know.
My wife thinks like you Two Guns, I suspect we will end up with several cameras. Thanks for sharing this information.

Heatwave

Guns: you're getting good legal advice about not publicly disclosing the events caught by your cameras. If you end up in court against trespassers, legal proceedings may result in the images passing into the public domain. Until then ... hold whatcha got. And be careful out there ... some of the nuts may really take umbrage at your placing cameras that capture the things they are up to ... and ... well ... things happen in the dark woods. Keep your head on a swivel, and don't venture out there alone.

BaiJiu

Why do the criminals have all the rights, how did we ever get to where we are, from a rope and a tree to this. I know this is an exageration but really how did we get here.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
how did we ever get to where we are, from a rope and a tree to this. QUOTE]

The Laws of Yesteryear ....
This came from a old edition of the revised Mississippi Code of 1823. The entire code was just one book. Today, it's contains over forty books.
This is just some of the certain laws of the early 1800's.
Robbery or Burglary of any item exceeding $20.00 in value carried the death penalty. On the other hand, under $20.00, then all you get was thirty-nine lashes on the back.
Just an accessory, meaning having knowledge of the crime, but not reporting it of the crimes of arson, robbery, (over$ 20.00 in value) or burglary, then the penalty was death.
If goods and chattels stolen did not exceed $ 20.00, 39 lashes as well as placed in the pillory, that is that wooden contraption where your arms and head are locked in place as you stoop over, for three days.
Stealing horses was a big NO, NO. This was equivalent of stealing a car today.
This crime carried a $500.00 fine, thirty-nine lashes on his or here back well laid.
In addition to this, the convict was "branded on his face and right hand".
Stealing hogs, cattle, sheep, or goats, well laid 39 lashes.
Changing a brand, 39 lashes. Perjury, 39 lashes. Convicted of Adultery or fornication, fined $500.00 ....
Dueling was illegal in Mississippi by this time. However, it was still legal across the Mississippi River. The famous duel of Jim Bowie was fought just about a mile from my house. If you were caught in Mississippi doing such, the penalty was hanging. Crime to work on the Sabbath, working on only household chores, and if you did more, $2.00 for every offense. Hunting at night, $20.00 fine.
Gambling was illegal in 1823 here, but the strange thing about this law was that the loser could sue the winner for all he had lost plus treble damages, which had to shared with the state. Butchers, bakers, brewer distillers or other food related businesses could be placed in the pillory for three days for a second offense of selling or serving any spoiled food item. Counterfeiting money, DEATH !!!! Now, intentionally issuing a false check, note , or other written obligaiton of payment also carried the death penalty.
Liquor, this is interesting .... that should a inn holder or tavern keeper extend credit to anyone over $5.00 for the purchase of hard liquor, the creditor was barred from suing in court if such debt were not be paid. I suppose people could not sit at the bar all night and drink themselves into oblivion.
I like the law of them days much better than todays laws.....

....... two guns

Attachments

• Jim Bowie Marker.jpg
    Jim Bowie Marker.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 80

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Why do the criminals have all the rights, how did we ever get to where we are, from a rope and a tree to this. I know this is an exageration but really how did we get here.

So true... It's my opinion that.. It comes from our country's growing loss of : respect for others, lack of ethics , character .. .. and moral upbringing. ...
It brings the song to my mind by Nickelback : "If Today Was Your Last Day"
I try and follow certain beliefs, and those 10 laws that come with it, help keep me on the straight and narrow .. collie

Heatwave

BaiJiu: I never said anything about criminals. I suggested Two not publicly disclose information from his cameras because ... well ... you just never know. He might have filmed someone's teenage son out parking with someone else's teenage daughter and ... you can take it from there. He might have filmed the license plate of the preacher's car, that night his wife drove out to the woods to meet another man. He might have filmed a coupla dopers doing a deal ... probably not wise to let the public know he's got that on film. Concordia Parish Sheriff might wanna see it, but not the general gumchewing public. I could go on with this 'til Border Collie's cows come home, but you get my drift. Just because you know something doesn't mean you should divulge it.

Status
Not open for further replies.