How do you bleed the front brakes?

kas1263

I have a 2006, RTV900, where the brake pedal goes to the floor. I have bled the rear brakes but am unable to find the fittings to bleed the front brakes. Can anyone assist?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I have a 2006, RTV900, where the brake pedal goes to the floor. I have bled the rear brakes but am unable to find the fittings to bleed the front brakes. Can anyone assist?

It's right above the "Knuckle", on top >>>>
Use DOT 3 fluid Only.....

kas1263

Not sure what the Knuckle is. I've checked the lines and the only fittings I find are underneath the bed about half way back.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Not sure what the Knuckle is. I've checked the lines and the only fittings I find are underneath the bed about half way back.

Jack Up the front of the RTV. Remove Tires and get them out of the way.

Go Back, Squat down, right where you were when you were when the bolts of the wheels where being loosened up and removed. You should be now looking at a item that has the FIVE holes which the bolts thread to. This is what your wheel bolts up to.
NOW, LOOK RIGHT ABOVE THAT, YOU SHOULD SEE A FITTING. That is where you bleed off your front brakes. Or, that is where the Kubota Shop Manual show it is.

........... two guns

Attachments

• Kubota Bleeder.JPG
    Kubota Bleeder.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Kubota Knuckle.jpg
    Kubota Knuckle.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 83

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
kas1263,

This is the "Knuckle" that you are looking at

Attachments

• Kubota Bleeder.JPG
    Kubota Bleeder.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

kas1263

Thanks Two Guns. I was in the right area but apparently the fittings weren't installed, just bolts where they should be.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Thanks Two Guns. I was in the right area but apparently the fittings weren't installed, just bolts where they should be.

OK, well looks like we are going to have to purchase some bleeder fittings.
I'm going to have to take a peek at mine. I was just going by the
Kubota Shop Manual

........... two guns

Attachments

• Wet Dog.jpg
    Wet Dog.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 39

CLH

I know this is old, but I just found it, and wanted to say that on mine the bleed nipples are hidden under a metal cap, secured by a 10mm bolt. Unusual design, but cool.