Hustler Raptor SD 60 inch cut. Left Hydrostatic motor wont move.

banjo

The mower was working fine. I parked it under the shed when finished. The next time I went to use it the left side would not do anything....forward or reverse.
The oil level in the tank is right were its supposed to be. The right side turns fine...forward and reverse. What could cause one to go from working fine to wont move at all? The model number is: 932541 I have checked the little levers that put it in neutral to move around, thats not the problem. I have ordered a couple filters, but Im doubtful its that simple. A new hydro is $750.00 plus shipping. Banjo

aarkie

When my Ariens, it has a ZT3100 hydro motor, did the same thing I took it apart and found a broken spring. I talked to one dealer and he said they change a lot of them out. He had one he had removed and gave it to me. I took it apart, took replaced the bad spring and it has worked good for several years now. I still have the free one to use for parts if needed again. You might be able to get rebuild kits now but it was hard to find parts a few years ago. I just didn't want to pay 700 when all I needed was a 5 dollar part. You might be able to find a manual online to help trouble shoot and repair it.

banjo

When my Ariens, it has a ZT3100 hydro motor, did the same thing I took it apart and found a broken spring. I talked to one dealer and he said they change a lot of them out. He had one he had removed and gave it to me. I took it apart, took replaced the bad spring and it has worked good for several years now. I still have the free one to use for parts if needed again. You might be able to get rebuild kits now but it was hard to find parts a few years ago. I just didn't want to pay 700 when all I needed was a 5 dollar part. You might be able to find a manual online to help trouble shoot and repair it.
That will probably be my next step. Take it apart. What have I got to lose? Thanks for the response. Banjo

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That will probably be my next step. Take it apart. What have I got to lose?
A spring. ;) Kind of like the first time you take apart a gun and a spring goes flying out... quite possibly to never be found again.

banjo

Yes it’s a hydro gear. Thanks. I have kinda adopted the “no mow May”. I rolled that concept over into June except a little push mower cutting. I have a saw mill and don’t mind cutting logs, but I truly hate cutting grass. Banjo

Reactions: Doc