I have a few questions..

MRBASS

I have a few questions..

First of all let me say thank you to everyone who post on this board. I have learned a ton of info on the RTV.I have also been reading here aswell as several other places for many months trying to make a decision on exactly what UTV would be best for my application. Ya'll are by far the most informed on the RTV.</P>

I just purchased an RTV 900R for my self, for christmas! Like Two Guns, i spend a lot of time in the bottoms of east texas chasing deer and wild hogsand will be modifying my RTV for that situation. Tires are an easy one for me as I already have a ton of experience in this area from my other UTV's. 27" 589's will work well.Mud is a way of life around these parts,long as we avoid another Drought.</P>

My first Question is on a Lift Kit.I want to do some 27" tires and have some areas of stumps and logs I must cross and am looking for the most clearance possible.I actually used an RTV for about 2 weeks and crossing the stumps and logs was pretty rough.Actually I used 2 different RTV's. I learned quick the worksite tires have no place in the woods or mudand the factory ATV Tires are a GIANT step above the worksites in the woods and mud. I can only imagine what this baby will do with some even better tires.</P>

.Are there any axle issuesto watch for if using a 2" lift on the Kubota?I did the japanese mini truck deal and the axles on the mini trucks are very wimpy and after a 3" lift the axles couldnt take the stress. replaced 2 axles in 1 year. The axles are much beefier on the RTV but i wonder about the angle after the lift and bigger tires,can the axles under the RTV handle a lift kit and 27" tires?</P>

I also need a Glass Kubota windshield,My local dealer was great to deal with right up until I wanted a windshield.They say $800.00 and they have to install it. I know this is BS as I helped a buddy install his and seen the receipt for $495.00. The dealer he got his at is no longer a Dealer.I could use a serious hook up on a windshield if any of ya'll know a good place to buy one.</P>

I am sure I Will have many other questions as i am setting up my RTV and want to thank ya'll in advance. ya'll are the most knowledgeable RTV folks anywhere on the net.!</P>

Now I guess my boys will have their choice of a Bad Boy Buggy or a ragged out KawasakiMule, since i will be gone on the RTV!!! [:)]</P>

Re: I have a few questions..

Welcome to the forum MrBass:</P>

I will let those with more experience on the lift kit answer your questions on that. Windshields.. my dealer sells them for $700. [and we seem to be higher priced on a lot of things around here compared to some other places] That was for the windshield itself with no installation. My dealer said I could install it myself. He actually suggested that I do it myself. If I remember correctly dealer cost on the windshield is currently more than what your friend paid for his. </P>

</P>

glenn</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

MRBass,</P>

Welcome to our World. Welcome to the Forum >>>></P>

Happy to see another deer & hog hunter on the site. My whole world revolves around my deer hunting & management !!! The wild hogs are a fringe benefit >>></P>

The front OEM windshield, at my dealer in March or April of 2007, was $ 550.00 installed . Worth every nickel of it too !!! ******** The 27" ITP 589's, all I can say is, they are the stuff when it comes to getting you there in the mud. Iidle around in 2WD now, where I couldn't even think about it in 4WD with the atv's that came on the machine ~~~ It is amazing ~~ I don't have a lift kit on mine. I haven't yet had any problems at all with the rubbing. Not saying in your case, you will not need them, for I have only crossed some logs and stumps, nothing really serious yet, I try to go around 'em... but it's not always possible >>> </P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

MrBass,</P>

You know, doing the deer & hog hunting the waywe do, >>. your going to have to get a High Rise Air Instake System >>>> There is no way around it, Trust Me !!! If you hunt in the atmosphere that we do, you'll have to have it, and real soon ~~~~~</P>

</P>

[:O]</P>

The real fun is just started, turning your RTV into a ULTIMATE HUNTING MACHINE !!!</P>

Pumpkin

Gold Site Supporter

Welcome aboard MRBASS</P>

With the stumps I suggest you get savantmfg.com"STRONG MADE" metal stick stoppers to replace the plastic front ones. Simple to install suggest you use a small C clamp to aid in assembly.</P>

Be safe and enjoy</P>

MERRY CHRISTMAS</P>

PUMPKIN</P>

Captain

MrBass, Call "Martin" at Farm Country Kubota in Sulphur Springs. Ph #903-885-7561. If anyone can give you a reasonable price, Martin will. I made the mistake of buying my '05 with only the OEM metal top and the glass windshield. I wanted to add the soft doors this year and was told by nine other dealers I would have to buy the whole top (i.e.doors and another top and glass w/s). When I called Farm Country, Martin advised he would check and get back to me. About 20 minutes later he called with exactly what I needed and was able to schedule installation to my convenience. Couldn't have been treated nicer. Should you call, please tell him Don Byrd in Lufkin referred you. Best regards and Merry Christmas! Captain

The lift kit will only take you about 2" higher. Its main effect will be to raise the front ground clearance. Rear axle clearance will stay the same, as the lift in the rear is a set of longer spring shackles. 2" is about the limit since this places the rear half shafts at about the maximum angle they can take. </P>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new RTV!!!

Can't help with the windshield as I made my own.

I don't believe I even got 2" out of my lift kit. I'm thinking it was about 1". If it wasn't for the occasional rub (under extreme conditions and almost trying to make it rub), I wouldn't have installed it. Knowing now what can cause the rub, my preference would have been to avoid that situation and not install the lift.
I posted a thread on the best way I've found/seen for installing the lift. I'll find it and bump it to the top in case you need it.

Metal stick stoppers are a good idea if you're in conditions that may put a stick through your boot.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

There is a gentleman local, who put a lift on his, and he said the exact same thing. He swears his maybe got one inch out of his. He said if he knew that to begin with, he would of left well enough alone.</P>

You remember years ago, they had a little contraption, they might still have them, where you put into the springs, and it " speads " the springs outward. If a man could installa setof them, if the RTV would allow it.... bet he could get some lift out of that ~~~~</P>

MRBASS

Appreciate all the info guys..</P>

After doing some reading on the net It seems maybe the lift kit is not worth it. Think maybe I will go with some 27" tires and see what happens.Already have the stick guards on order,,this was a no brainer after seeing the plastic stuff Kubota used..! Here are some other tires i found on the net that look pretty tough too.. I like the deep lugs for sure. Still wonder if the 589's can be beat..What caught my attention here was the price of 300.00 shipped. 6ply with a load rating of 1100lbs each..</P>

http://i2.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/cb/f1/dd9c_1.JPG</P>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

They look like nice tires. They appear to have more lugs than the 589's. Does it say who makes them?

MRBASS

I sent them an email and they replied back and said they were made by gator Tires Inc. I havent been able to find anything else about them.. I do like the lugs though,</P>