I saw a picture of the RTV 500 today

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I stopped by the dealer myself to take a peek at the literature.

A nice looking machine.
As I recall:
Weight was just under 1300#
Engine has EFI
About 52" wide, 72" tall and can fit in a pickup.
2 speed (H&L range) tranny.

G

Still HST. Runs very quiet. No power steering, but should not be needed. </P>

Nice side to getting around, smaller bed. </P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Just hope it looks tuff like a RTV, and not like some sort of golf cart !!!! when they cut down on the size, they didn't put some sort of Mickey Mouse tires on it !!!

DigOrange

I saw coobie posted "Its going to be a 2 cyl. 15.8 HP gas engine"

My first scan of that - 2 cycle 15.8 HP? Thats just crazy talk!! Then realized - doh - 2 cylinder not 2 cycle. I feel better now :)

Anyway - what does a guy have to do to see a picture of this elusive beast? Seems to me it is like a sasquatch. You hear about it, never get a glimpse of it. The "man" removes any reference to it...

I think it is just another urban legend.

Lunatic ramblings of a Missouri mad man all jacked up on Mountain Dew.

coobie

[quote user="DigOrange"]I saw coobie posted "Its going to be a 2 cyl. 15.8 HP gas engine" My first scan of that - 2 cycle 15.8 HP? Thats just crazy talk!! Then realized - doh - 2 cylinder not 2 cycle. I feel better now :) Anyway - what does a guy have to do to see a picture of this elusive beast? Seems to me it is like a sasquatch. You hear about it, never get a glimpse of it. The "man" removes any reference to it... I think it is just another urban legend. Lunatic ramblings of a Missouri mad man all jacked up on Mountain Dew.[/quote]I went with my friend last sat. to pickup his new kubota 326 ZTR and got talking to the salesman who I know well,he showed me the pamplet with the 500 RTV,to me it looks kind of like the new honda UTV.I guess the pictures must be top secret for some reason.coobie[*-)]

Ricochet

[quote user="DigOrange"]I saw coobie posted "Its going to be a 2 cyl.
15.8 HP gas engine"
My first scan of that - 2 cycle 15.8 HP? Thats just crazy talk!! Then
realized - doh - 2 cylinder not 2 cycle. I feel better now :)
Anyway - what does a guy have to do to see a picture of this elusive
beast? Seems to me it is like a sasquatch. You hear about it, never get
a glimpse of it. The "man" removes any reference to it...
I think it is just another urban legend.
Lunatic ramblings of a Missouri mad man all jacked up on Mountain
Dew.[/quote]

bigfoot.jpg

LOL

G

Funny. I am swamped right now because I am headed on vacation in a few days. Once I get back I'll post scans of the literature... that is if the okay from Kubota comes back here shortly. I'm suspecting it will.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Kubota better hurry up and give the ok, for some of these good 'ole corn feed boys are going to have a stroke if they don't get a peek at them. I think they are wanting to go ahead with their Santa Claus list for Christmas... And yes, they still believe !!!!

ground hog man

it must not be much or maybe it looks like the new honda big (scare me) red side by side.thay would be raving about it if it didn"t.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="ground hog man"]it must not be much or maybe it looks like the new honda big (scare me) red side by side.thay would be raving about it if it didn"t.[/quote]
At least from the picture, it's much better looking than the Honda.

It's hard to rave about something without more information.

DigOrange

Wish I had more time - would photoshop a sasquatch sitting on an orange Honda. That might motivate our friends at Kubota.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
All of us knowing the reputation of Kubota, I would guess the 500 will be just like the 900, all except the engine, power steering, & size ..... With no doubt, I'm pretty sure they test fire these units really good before they go into production. Being Kubota is what they are, I know they will not throw no monkey on somebodys back. Think they are just trying to please all folks, some that want the bigger units, like the900 &1100's, along with the with the ones that want a smaller, gas engine styles .</P>

And I know,Kubota will not do what Honda has done to their loyal customers, and throw some Mickey Mouse buggie out on 'em ~~~~~~~~</P>

DigOrange

Agree completely. Just wouldn't pass up a chance to have a little fun. I buy Kubota for the reasons you mentioned and I feel like I get more quality and durability at a competitive price.

On the Hat front... I just looked at the Kubota web site and you can get a nice looking hat for $8.95 - $13.95.
http://www.kubota.com/f/products/Merchandise.cfm

These look a LOT nicer than the free ones I got with each Kubota purchase. They even have a tiny RTV collectable.
The Details:
1:24th scale. Features: Removable roof, authentic Kubota markings, steering wheel turns front tires, tailgate opens and closes, bed lifts to reveal realistic engine detail.
$34.95