IS® 2100Z Zero Turn Mower

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Eight years ago I spent almost $10K on a very disappointing Kubota mower. It was supposed to be the last mower I would need to buy, but that proved to be more sales pitch that reality. First couple of years were OK but after that it was one thing after another. Given that all our other Kubota tractors, trackhoe's and miscellaneous equipment have served us so well, I was really surprised to find that this was such a troublesome mower. But it-is-what-it-is I guess.

So we chose a Ferris 2100Z Zero Turn as a replacement and have fervent hopes that it will hold up better than the Kubota. It's raining cats-n-dogs here today so no real picture to post. I'll get a couple next time it's out of the barn.

IS 2100Z Ferris.JPG

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I agree with Doc. That is a sharp looking mower that you have now. :) . My bil bought a like new ZD28 60 " about 12 years ago. The engine has been ok but the safety switches and brakes have been nothing but trouble. I finally eliminated the massive amount of safety switches though and it's made life easier. Still only has about 700 hours on it though. And the seat had a plywood bottom under the material so it rotted even though it was shedded. It held blowing rain I guess.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Squerly - good to see you on the forum again!
I too have heard good things about Ferris.
My ZTR (Country Clipper Charger) is now 16 years old. A couple safety switches were giving me a hard time this year but a little Fluid Film fixed that issue. Otherwise, it's been bulletproof.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If you are mowing hills like in that picture I'm shocked you can use any zero turn. A friend tried a Scag zero turn on his hilly yard. Pucker factor was through the roof. He sold it and used his Kubota L series tractor till this year when he splurged and bought the articulating Ventrac outfit. Dual tires and all. Grand total around 32k. :eek:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Different ZTR's can or cannot handle hills. I had a few demos brought to my place to give them a try. The first 3 brands were a complete failure on hills. When the 4th arrived I had low expectations because of the others. It climbs like a billy goat. I can mow hills that are very difficult just to walk up. Bought it on the spot and have been happy ever since.