It's not a big job

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
But it demonstrates how much help the 900 can be.

As I roll through my mid-70's I'm finding more ways to limit the stress on the old frame and the 'Bota is a real help.

We lost several ash trees that were a feature on the side lawn of the house. The area was sculptured with rock and edging but removing the trees left an ugly depression. The tree cutter filled the low area but said he wouldn't do any final leveling so I'm on my own.

Enter the 900, In the old days it would be a rake and shovel but now, not so much. I couldn't drive over the area so I just used to old cyclone fence/cement block routine with long ropes on each end. Pulled one way and then the other without getting the 900 on the new dirt. I found that I didn't have the run out in the all the directions so by passing trees on various sides to redirect the scraper I could cover the entire area. Worked great and left just a final raking to cover the fertilizer and seed.

It's these little jobs that make me appreciate how great a machine the RTV is because it isn't fast, it's not really pretty and it a bit noisy but it's as dependable as your best fried and always ready to go.

InxhHSO.jpg

Vor0Vk8.jpg

zfnaG6J.jpg

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Great work! Thanks for posting. I did a lot of my yard work with my Tractor and four wheeler. I had an attachment somewhat similar to what you are showing.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
GOOD JOB.....A piece of fencing like that wrapped around a 12" X 6' I beam has done wonders. Often I just unwrap the fencing and drag it to use it like a harrow on my pastures before seeding and on my road. lololol.....so many uses for that implement that YOU have designed and used.....Thanks for the post....God bless......Dennis

ovrszd

Nice work!!!

Until it quit me I was using an electric seeder on the back of the RTV and pulling a cattle panel on a long chain. Seed and scratch it in with one trip.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That looks great ! :) I've used 2 pallets side by side to drag down manure in the pastures but this really is nice Advantiguy. :)

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks really great! You could fill that vacant space with some Ohio pawpaw trees!!!

Question, Am I to far north for them? I've never found them locally although they are prevalent in the southern part of the state. Around Paw Paw, Michigan I think! I'm located on the southwest side of Saginaw Bay.

IAC, thanks to all for the nice feedback. Great forum.

Bob

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I have heard of folks almost into the UP growing the trees. Now the fruit might take a little longer and I would plant them in direct sunlight. But no, I don't believe you are too far north.