Kioti head gasket

mr.mike

Just like you all to know that I have had 3 new Kioti tractors. The first [25HP]
blew its head gasket about 800 hours. It blew again at 1100 hours. IT blew again and the engine siezed at 1500 hours. I bought a second 25 HP and it also belw the head gasket at 1100 hours. Just before buying the sceond 25HP I bought a 35HP with loader. It blew the head gasket at 1300 hours and again at 2300 hours. I dont think I will buy a fourth.:angry3:

Myk

Ah, what kind of work are you doing with it, you're not trying to pull that cruise ship (Costa Concordia)out of the water that hit the rocks near Italy?

mr.mike

The 25hp Kioti pulls a 4 x 5 foot dump wagon that takes horse manure about 500 yards to the manure pile. It is 4 wheel drive and works 363 days a year making about 8 trips a day. It does no hard work and barely has enough time to heat the radiator because each trip is about 6 minutes. There is no obvious reason that the head gasket blows so often on both tractors!

Myk

Not sure but it could be something to do with the cooling system (eg. faulty water pump or a blockage in the system or dodgy coolant). It's just very strange & unfortunate to have the same problem with 3 diifferent tractors.

rj's barn

I'd be inclined to find out how fast the engine was turning when you were working it. If you don't have the water turning over fast enough in the radiator and the fan turning too slow it will tend to push the coolant temps up. Those little diesels are pretty picky about getting hot. You generally only get one overheat on em before you get to start replacing parts.
High rpm isn't always the best way to work, but sometimes that's the only way to keep the engine cool.

Art454

I would say with that many short trips and not letting it warm up before you use it is likley your problem. WOT without it being warm is hard on any motor.
This even more so with a engine with alum. heads. I always let them warm up before I use them.....easyer then changing a head gasket.
Diesel are more prone to this as there so high compression engine.
Gona happen sooner or later on most diesel but later is fine with me.

Art