Kubota V-Plow

Mark.Sibole

Matt,
I installed my Boss Vplow myself. When installing the brackets on the front, the hardest part is realigning the the bumper and skid plate in the front of the rtv. (My RTV is a 2014 x900) Wiring is a little hard feeding the cable to your battery location. Also you have to mount a solenoid onto your inside front fender. I bought the smart hitch 2, but didn't get it to work properly, so I took it back off. Haven't had time to do anything with that. Boss tech support said they would help me, but we started remodeling the house, so no time to work on the Smart hitch 2 process. Bottom line I did it all myself, if you are handy with tools and read the instructions, it will take you around 4 -6 hours to complete. ( you can download the instruction on installation before you purchase)

I looked at one this year to replace my ageing curtis plow.I couldnt see dropping that kind of money that I dont have on a nice new [plow for the Bota.Then I thought about putting one on the blazer to keep warmer but glad I didnt as the transfer case is on its last leg.So ill go slow and steady with the curtis plow.The blade is still in good shape.The mount for the blade was rebuilt and beefed up last year.
The electrolic over hydrolyc is marginal as a wire broke off the motor this summer and there was no way I could find to take the motor apart to re solder it so i drilled out the hole a bit bigger and added a rubber bushing to it then tool a stainless steel screw and ran it through the bushing into the existing wire,Its a crude fix but it is functional for the time being.If it goes out ill have to see if anyone around here knows how to get it apart and re solder the wire on it.

Matt

Matt, I installed my Boss Vplow myself. When installing the brackets on the front, the hardest part is realigning the the bumper and skid plate in the front of the rtv. (My RTV is a 2014 x900) Wiring is a little hard feeding the cable to your battery location. Also you have to mount a solenoid onto your inside front fender. I bought the smart hitch 2, but didn't get it to work properly, so I took it back off. Haven't had time to do anything with that. Boss tech support said they would help me, but we started remodeling the house, so no time to work on the Smart hitch 2 process. Bottom line I did it all myself, if you are handy with tools and read the instructions, it will take you around 4 -6 hours to complete. ( you can download the instruction on installation before you purchase)

Thanks for the info