Kuboto RTV-X Snowblower Capability

bumpyroad44

I have a situation where snow slides off a garage & house metal roofs and the snow gets somewhat compacted because it is wet and heavy. I was wondering if the RTv-X would be able to handle this situation. Talked to a local dealer and they were somewhat skeptical that it could do it saying it would only do what a regular snowblower would do.

To further clarify my situation: The snow tends to be wet when it slides off the roof so consequently it is dense and somewhat compacted, but Not frozen solid. I have a walk behind Cub Cadet snowblower, which works well for normal snow blowing, but it cant handle the compacted snow as it just tries to ride up on top of it. I think it might handle it if it could just get a bite into it, and took it slow and easy, but due to the snowblowers lack of weight, traction, power and only a person behind it, it just cant get a bite into it. My thinking is that maybe with the RTV-X behind it and with 4WD it might work.

Currently the only way I can move this snow is with the bucket loader on my John Deere 2320 compact tractor, but that is very inconvenient because I have to do it a scoop at at time and move it to a different location to dump it. (and I dont want to put a snowblower on the JD tractor.)

Any thoughts from anyone with the snow blower attachment for the RTV-X (or other advice) would be appreciated.

ItBmine

Well as you said, I have a similar situation when I do the driveway for friends up the road when they are not home. They have a garage with a metal roof that faces the front of the garage and the driveway.
I don't have the blower for my RTV but have one on my B2620.
If I can get it cleaned right away no problem. But if that wet snow sits and freezes a couple days at some point in the winter I can't even cut it down with my loader.

So I would say if you can get at it every time it falls, no problem.

Reactions: Doc

bumpyroad44

Thanks for the response. I felt that it might work, like you said as long as it doesn't freeze and that shouldn't be a problem for me as I can get to it right away. I can understand why my dealer was kinda non-committal, but figured someone has encountered that problem.

I also ran into a situation last winter when I was using my JD 2320 tractor with front end loader to move the snow. Not ALL the snow came off the roof, and when I was moving it, the rest of it came off on top of me and the tractor. It pinned the left side of me to the tractor (that stuff is heavy) and I couldn't get off, but rocking the tractor back and forth I managed to get it (and me) unstuck. Lesson learned.

ItBmine

Wow. Lucky you didn't get a big chunk of ice in the head. I realize sometimes you don't have a choice, but I really HATE having the roof of a building facing the man or garage doors.
My friends even have those fins on their metal roof and the snow and ice have already ripped most of them off.

There are members here that have the blower on their RTV's so hopefully someone will answer your questions as far as power.
I just put a Boss plow on mine, because here in Ontario Canada where I am, a blower and the K-Connect would have put my RTV into the 40 grand range.

Westfield

I have a X1100c with a snowblower
I have not ever tried it in a situation like yours. You have a combined weight of 3,000 pounds if you take the snow blower off of float mode and put some downward pressure on the snow blower you can pretty much go through just about anything. But without trying the machine is that situation it would be hard for me to spend an extra $$$$ without knowing for sure.

SVG

I use a Bercomac snow blower with my RTV 900. My shop building has three 14' x 14' roll up doors on one side. The roof slopes down to the doors so from time to time I get a rather large pile of snow in front of the doors.

The snow blower can clear these piles sometimes. If it freezes forget about it. If that happens I bust out the big boy.

I wouldn't rely on a snowblower as a primary method to clear snow in front of doors.

Condon, MT snow blowing.jpeg1999 Fermec 960.jpegBercomac Snow Blower.jpeg

bumpyroad44

I use a Bercomac snow blower with my RTV 900. My shop building has three 14' x 14' roll up doors on one side. The roof slopes down to the doors so from time to time I get a rather large pile of snow in front of the doors.

The snow blower can clear these piles sometimes. If it freezes forget about it. If that happens I bust out the big boy.

I wouldn't rely on a snowblower as a primary method to clear snow in front of doors.

View attachment 13514View attachment 13515View attachment 13516
Thanks for your input. I am coming to the same conclusion.