Let's play in the snow...

B

bordercollie

Bczoom, now that is amazing!! It looks like a boatload of fun and good memories being made too. We are suppose to get a couple inches of the white stuff down here tomorrow eve!!!!!!!!! We will all pass out if it does happen. :letitsnow:You know southerners and snow. ( uh.. what snow?? usually just cold mud.) You may have to send that pup that does mouth to mouth down to resuscitate some of us southern members. Most of the cows have never seen it and last month when we had a few flurries , the calves were winding their tails ,kicking their heels and chasing the flakes. Even some young cows were joining in. Anyway stay young , have fun with the kids -they will always remember those playful times- I remember mine with my folks .Bordercollie

B

bczoom

Thanks BC!! We had a GREAT time playing outside today. School is closed tomorrow (and I took the day... OK, week off from work) so we're going playing again tomorrow.

My son and dog are right now cuddling in the dogs sleeping area. They're fun to watch together as neither knows where they stand in the herd. Each thinks the other is their "toy". All I know is that if I even raise my hand against my son whether serious or in jest, the dog will attack me. Good dog...

T

Two Guns

Bordercollie,
During the breaking of daylight this morning, it's sleeting like crazy.
Do understand you and I suppose to get some snow.
Yesterday was the third anniversery of our RTV. This machine serves it's purpose well !!!! Might be able to do like the ones up north and run in the snow with it >>>>

Attachments

• Two Guns Antique Tag.jpg
    Two Guns Antique Tag.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 240
D

D&D Farm

BC.........Count your blessings BUD........Golly such a great looking child. That pic is worth framing or screensaver quality. Happy eyes....freckles....cute lil grin.......anyway shows a very well cared for content son......GOOD WORK DAD....God bless....Dennis

M

muleman

Good to see the kids enjoying the snow. The truth is Brian was having more fun than the kids! Makes me remember the days of making toboggan runs and snow forts with my boys at the old farm. They would get their friends to come over and have a ball.

T

Two Guns

Yep, I will say, he's a grrrrrrrreat lookin' young man.
Bet he's a tuff one also, for he's looks like he's drinking a
nice cold Gatoraid in the cold snow !!!! :tiphat:

....... two guns

B

bordercollie

Well it is official ! We are in a winter storm warning and the governor has declared a state of emergency to prevent price gouging in this area. Wow ..snow ice cream made with evaporated milk.... It's been years.... some snowball wars by "old folks".What a life.! We may get 3-6", or?? Oh well, We will feed all the cows extra and will enjoy the snowfall. Two Guns ,I am sure, will have a blast being a kid again too. BcZoom, if it keeps this up we may have to get some sled training from you and the kids.Man that looked fun!!! :letitsnow: Bordercollie

M

muleman

My playing involves the "shovel" I use. Not much snow as it has all been staying south of us.

Attachments

• snow pics 025.jpg
    snow pics 025.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 215
  • snow pics 026.jpg
    snow pics 026.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 213
T

Two Guns

LeRoux & Ellie don't know what to think of this snowy stuff >>>>
They have sniffed, run, rolled in , and jumped in the snow so much they are just having their self a super good time :letitsnow::letitsnow:.

Attachments

• LeRoux and Ellie Snow 1.jpg
    LeRoux and Ellie Snow 1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 207
T

Two Guns

They have never seen this before !!!!

Attachments

• Ellie Running Snow.jpg
    Ellie Running Snow.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 206
  • LeRoux and Ellie 2.jpg
    LeRoux and Ellie 2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 205
  • LeRoux Sniffin Snow.jpg
    LeRoux Sniffin Snow.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 203
B

bczoom

Don't you just love it when dogs see/play-in snow for the first time!

Almost all seem to absolutely love it.

Cute dogs you have there Jamie!!

T

Two Guns

Thanks for the kind words bczoom,
These are a mother / daughter pair, smaller is Ellie (mother), and the larger is LeRoux >>> They are so good, they are our hearts. They love to ride in the RTV.
Before we load up the RTV and go anywhere with it, we have to ride them for abut 10-15 minutes around the place, if not,they will bark, cry, whine, howl, and even pout like children if they don't ride.

We do love them >>>
.......... jamie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Two Guns , those are some fine pups- of coarse they aren't spoiled are they?? uh mm The collies neither . These creatures are all a part of the family and are indeed very loved and an important part of our lives... I about agree with Muleman now ... The snow's Not as much fun as I remember ...just a lot of work as tree limbs fell on the fence and the calves got out 2x, Sheriff called... and I can hardly get any where with all that super wet ground from over 4" of melted snow on top of the over saturated soil.. Thank goodness for the '589's. It hasn't been dry since the first of January. I actually have got my boots pulled off in mud twice this week... Oh well thank goodness for the Kubota and those tires. Couldn't do my work without them!!. Snow is pretty though. Bordercolliie

Attachments

• DSCF1957.JPG
    DSCF1957.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 179

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Yes bordercollie,
Snow in the south is pretty. But I also agree, it's not like it used to be. I seen some children on the levees with old truck hoods. Riding down. I remember, it was a blast !!!! Wanted to do it also, but didn't want the children see me bust my butt, and them calling CNN in on the deal of seeing just how far this man flew after he went thew the five strand barbed wire fence, on the bottom of the levee !!!!

And yes, LeRoux & Ellie are very spoiled, like your collies, they think the RTV belongs to them !!!!

......... two guns

We had more than 50 inches of snow so far this month. If I didn't have the 5 foot blower on the B2150 and the blade on the RTV I'd never get out of the woods; it's a 1/4 mile gravel lane through the woods. Looks like we will be getting more snow next week, come on spring!

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
We just get little bits at a time this winter. I did have to plow back a few spots where the 40 mph winds have been dropping it. Most of my 3/4 mile road blows clean but the part coming through our woods likes to accumulate what blows off the lower fields. I have not had to use the skid steer or backhoe to pile it this year so no big deal.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
My buddy sent some pics from the recent storms. This is about 8 miles from where I used to live. The roads kept blowing shut every couple of hours. By the second day they were back to doing what I did with the same machine in 93 and again in 96. That old V plow don't see much use but it sure is handy when needed. Some drifts were over 10ft. high. Was down there yesterday and some roads are still one lane in places.

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 114
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 115
  • seven.jpg
    seven.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 114
  • eight.jpg
    eight.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 112
  • eleven.jpg
    eleven.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 111

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
That is some snow >>>>
Bet hunting is great in that kind of weather !!!

..... two guns

Kanook

Alittle snow today

Same here Muleman...Very little snow this year...Like you, we've been shipping all the weather south.

Attachments

• RTV plow1.JPG
    RTV plow1.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 78