Looking at Canopy Options for my RTV900

Ronniebisme

2005 Model, love t o find a hard top canopy or good sun type shade ( fabric) Any thoughts on best place to look for reasonable price ?
Is there a place to look for used items . It does have the ROPS in place

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have the OEM plastic roof and it's worked very well.
Haven't thought about the DJ O-clamps in a long time. You can make whatever you want to with those things. My windshield and other things are all done via those O-clamps.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Mine too Zoom. I think it was you that got me onto them- of which I was very grateful and still am since they are what holds the roof on my Roxor along with my bought plastic windshield and the homemade windshield on the RTV I had.

Ronniebisme

ahh, had not thought as much about durability as you all pointed out, OK fabric is out , hard top search or fabrication - now the goal,
be wonderful If I could find a used one --thanks !

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I use the machines that I have owned strictly on the farm and not for anything else. Therefore I don't meet any guidelines but my own so aim for protection from the weather and that's pretty much it. If you are interested in making a farm service type roof for the RTV, you might possibly get an idea from these pictures .It' s just 2 pieces of plywood and slightly angled on front 1/4 section with, slightly elevated side edges to keep rain out of my lap. https://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/threads/hardtop-coming-soon.17918/#post-130954 .
After our registered Angus bull sale which was this weekend, and we have them all loaded out over the next few days , my intentions are to repaint the roof and add some Nilight flashers to the roof edge - front and back.