MF 1030 no power to Glow Plug's

cholmes100

Hi, hoping for guidance, I have a 1030 that has now power to the Glow Plugs and I am not sure how the MF's are set up. I can't seem to locate a relay or module that would control the time on for the plugs. Does anyone know how it works or where the controller is located on the tractor?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum! Wish it was under better circumstances.
Does the tractor crank over but won't start or it doesn't do anything when you turn the key?
If it does nothing when turning the key:
Can you tell if you're getting voltage to the key? Do any lights glow? If no voltage or lights, it could be wiring to the ignition or the ignition itself.
Can you check the voltage to the starter solenoid with the key on? No or low voltage to the solenoid could be wiring issue there or a safety switch has gone bad. (I'm assuming you have everything in the "safe start" setup like the PTO off, possible safety switch at range selector and clutch).
If you have everything in its safety mode and it's safe to do so, you could run a jumper from the battery to the starter. If it starts, it's probably a bad safety switch or ignition.

cholmes100

Every thing works as it should except for power to the GP's. If I jump them directly from the battery it fires right up. The GP light comes on and stays on but again no power to the GP's

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It sounds like a safety switch or maybe the ignition switch has failed.

Reactions: Doc