Mice In Pole Barn

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Moth Balls are not good for YOU either! (Read the label). And they don’t work as well on things other than insects as well.
Tom Cat Blocks work for me quite well. Tom Cat and D-Con are anti-clotting agents and it makes them thirsty so they usually go off looking for water where they die. If your dog or cat gets into them it requires massive Vitamin K as an anti-dote. (Had an airport dog that ate an entire box of D-con once and Vitamin-K saved him.)

Reactions: Doc

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
We have 3 barn cats and they keep us mostly mouse free. We still feed them and yet they love to mouse. For this reason we do NOT use mouse bait. They are also great seat warmers . ;)

Attachments

• KIMG0060 seat warmer.JPG
    KIMG0060 seat warmer.JPG
    989.5 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Doc

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I agree !! They (skunks ) will also keep yellow jacket nests away because They dig up the nests and eat 'em. :)

Last edited:

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
For sure you need a barn cat.....Go to the "pound" and get you the youngest weaned kitten you can get that you can neuter. See the above thread above about "making" a barn cat..........

FTG-05

Hire some professionals:

SMBMnaY.jpg

The only mice I see are trophy kills.

Rtarchery

We tried the peppermint and it didn't work and we had it strong in a small 14' x 14' garage. Put corn in the garage for one night and by the number of chewed sacks the mice must of had a party. Will try the water bucket next.

Semper-Fi

We tried the peppermint and it didn't work and we had it strong in a small 14' x 14' garage. Put corn in the garage for one night and by the number of chewed sacks the mice must of had a party. Will try the water bucket next.
Yes, I think the peppermint idea is more effective for putting it (in small spaces) like under the hood of a vehicle. I agree to the 5 gallon bucket idea.