Mower of the future

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
By Husqvarna:
Husqvarna's Panthera Leo is the mower of the future for your lawn of today

Concept cars are a dime a dozen around these parts -- but concept lawnmowers? A little more rare, and the latest from Husqvarna looks to be about as closely related to that rusty John Deere in your shed as Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes McLaren F1 car is to your boss's E-Class. It has paddles on the wheel for adjusting three independent mowing blades, a "sophisticated" LCD display that displays speed and obstacle proximity, and a rechargeable lithium-phosphate battery with enough staying power to trim your yard for two hours straight, all shown in a soothing and thoroughly rendered promo video after the break. The one thing it can't do, apparently, is tame the wild locks of Swedish male models.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/11/husqvarnas-panthera-leo-is-the-mower-of-the-future-for-your-la/

Attachments

• husqvarna-mower.jpg
    husqvarna-mower.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 101

Mith

Looks pretty slick. I like the steering wheel out on that arm, couldn't have much more visibility.

Bet you cant fix it with just a hammer and a screwdriver though :D

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
I want NO part of it.....unless given to me...then it'd be "FOR SALE"!

It must be a union machine. It's only good for two hours before it has to take a break. With that kind of battery life I'd need at least two of them to get my yard cut. I think I'll stick to the B2400. It's getting old, it's not nearly as sleek and sexy but at least it'll keep going as long as I'm willing to sit in the seat.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My problem with it is that using an orange extension cord doesn't make it an orange lawn tractor!