My little ranch

BigAl

My ranch is located 54 miles into the Idaho wildreness . It is mostly a cattle raising area as it is to cold to farm . Some of the best Elk Hunting and Steelhead fishing in the world is right here . The ranch was 25000 acres but most of it has been split off and sold through the years . It was homesteaded in the late 1800's . I purchased it at auction 4 years ago and have been rebuilding the Ranch house , Pastures ,fences and such ever since . Here is a few pictures of "before and after" on the house .

Attachments

• Idaho house 002.jpg
    Idaho house 002.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 588
  • elk city 003.jpg
    elk city 003.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 569
  • Elk City July 2004 004.jpg
    Elk City July 2004 004.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 553
  • ELK.jpg
    ELK.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 684

BigAl

Its down to 44 acres . I'm trying to slowly buy back surrounding land as it becomes avalible . But I am surrounded on 3 sides my 2 .5 million acres of wilderness .

irwin

You did a hell of a job on the house Al.

Beautiful country up there, but my joints complain when it gets near freezing, I'd be nothing but one big ache out there..:unhappy:

That view could make the pain bearable..:tiphat: :applause:

xPosTech

Hey Doug I flew into Boise one time at 35° below zero. The snow blew around like fine sand. The streets were like driving on the beach above high tide. Plowing that would be like plowing sand. Dry, dry snow. That was in 1970 or 71.

Your mustache would freeze to your nose. I learned to make sure my hair was dry before going outside or it would break off and coat your shoulders like you just got a long needed haircut.

Big Al do they wear snowblowers on their backs up there? :yum:

That was kinda lame but it really was cold. Too cold for me. There was a baseball bat by the front door of the outhouse. To hit the outhouse with before you went inside. To get rid of the stalactites on the ceiling. Think about it.:eek:

But absolutely beautiful.:thumb:

Ted

N

Nicahawk

:respect: Great job on the house...shows a lot of pride. Beautiful country and what about those elk!
icon14.gif

Thanks for sharing with us.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What a beautiful place you have there Al. That looks like paradise number 2. You've done good buddy. You have a piece of paradise in Panama and one in Idaho. You work hard and play hard and it shows.
Thanks for sharing!!!!

Dougster

Old Member
Hey Doug I flew into Boise one time at 35° below zero. The snow blew around like fine sand. The streets were like driving on the beach above high tide. Plowing that would be like plowing sand. Dry, dry snow.
Give me the cold, bone dry stuff anytime! :thumb: I can deal with the drifting. It's the hard packing and freezing of the saturated wet stuff that causes the most grief for moi! :rolleyes:

Dougster :starbucks:

BigAl

Gorgeous country, Al. What part of Idaho?

Elk City . 54 miles east of Grangeville on Hwy 14 , The road stops at elk City .

The picture of the Elk are the "resident Elk Herd" that mostly stay year around on the old place . Its nice to sit on the deck in the summer evenings and watch them play in the front pasture .They calf right on the place . They are usually there 6 nights out of 7 .

shinnlinger

All I know is I have never been to Wallace Idaho...no matter what you heard...

I used to have a bud up in Sand point and have eaten pleny of potatos from you neck of the woods. Nice country!

The only time I manged to come close to overheating was pulling a trailer east with my school bus on I-90 on my way out of
....ah ....Wallace.

Bindian

My ranch is located 54 miles into the Idaho wildreness . It is mostly a cattle raising area as it is to cold to farm . Some of the best Elk Hunting and Steelhead fishing in the world is right here . The ranch was 25000 acres but most of it has been split off and sold through the years . It was homesteaded in the late 1800's . I purchased it at auction 4 years ago and have been rebuilding the Ranch house , Pastures ,fences and such ever since . Here is a few pictures of "before and after" on the house .
BigAl,:wave:
That photo of your wide open places has me drooling. Simply gorgeous!
hugs, Brandi