Need help finding supplier for agricultural front tires (rare Chinese tractor)

Rene-Jean

Hi,

when we purchased that house, previous owner proposed to sell his tractor.

This is a chinese tractor with a brand that does not exist anymore (Task Master, Trojan 432).

This is a 4x4 with around 32 HP. It is on a Dong Feng frame and I found a company in Australia that sells an equivalent, the Dong Feng ZB35.

Here is the issue, I blew a front tire and now I am unable to find a replacement. I live in Quebec.

Size is 6.50x16 so the rim is 16 inches and I need the one with agricultural shape. I tried Alibaba but even rare, when I find one, I need to order 500.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.
6.50x16 tires are available most anywhere.
I just did a quick internet search and they're available at Walmart, Amazon, EBay...
For hard-to-find sizes, I often go to M.E. Miller tire.

Reactions: Doc

Rene-Jean

Welcome to the forum.
6.50x16 tires are available most anywhere.
I just did a quick internet search and they're available at Walmart, Amazon, EBay...
For hard-to-find sizes, I often go to M.E. Miller tire.

Hello,

that is what I was thinking at first when I ordered a tube. The shop that ordered that for me received an Atlas tube that you find in Canadian Tire. The issue is it was misslabeled. The real size of that was 16-6.5 so 6 inch rim. I am looking at M.E. Miller and they have 6.00-16 and 7-16.

1605286494088.png

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Is Task Master the logo on the loader? Those appear on many Chinese brands.

Jinma was one of the first and most widely sold Chinese brands, also Foton. Their designs seem to be generic. Subsequently many Chinese brands appeared with little or no difference from 'generic Chinese tractor'. Yours is likely a member of a generic broad family with diverse marketing/logos.

These guys ...
... I think are the biggest parts/support firm for the Chinese tractors in the US and they have a great reputation for advice on them. Maybe ask them where to buy that tire in Canada.

Rene-Jean

Is Task Master the logo on the loader? Those appear on many Chinese brands.

Jinma was one of the first and most widely sold Chinese brands, also Foton. Their designs seem to be generic. Subsequently many Chinese brands appeared with little or no difference from 'generic Chinese tractor'. Yours is likely a member of a generic broad family with diverse marketing/logos.

These guys ...
... I think are the biggest parts/support firm for the Chinese tractors in the US and they have a great reputation for advice on them. Maybe ask them where to buy that tire in Canada.

Hi,

Task Master is really the name of the machine and what I understood, yes this is a mix of parts to form a generic tractor. I have a part catalogue and the info that is written is:

Task Master Equipement
Division of HHU, inc.
83969 N Pacific Hwy
Cresswell Oregon 97426

But I can tell that this is long way gone. A photo I found online...1605291321880.png

Attachments

• Task Master - Trojan 432E flyer.pdf
    36.8 KB · Views: 3

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Here's some information to trace the importer. Looks like he lost money on the last TaskMaster he imported!

Looking at Google Maps for that address I see a neighbor a half mile away - 'Mazama Products - Farm Equipment' which used to be at the address you listed.

Here's a listing for Mazama naming owner and phone number. (This could be years-old data).
Wholesale farm equipment, 7 employees, $3.5m annual sales.

Oops. Here's HHU Inc. at that address. Listed as $5,000 EPA civil fine, environmental violation. in 2006.
Maybe your tractor was brought over after the standards were tightened.

And here's a list showing Mazama and other business neighbors nearby (again, may be very old data).

Last edited:

Rene-Jean

Hi,

Task Master is really the name of the machine and what I understood, yes this is a mix of parts to form a generic tractor. I have a part catalogue and the info that is written is:

Task Master Equipement
Division of HHU, inc.
83969 N Pacific Hwy
Cresswell Oregon 97426

But I can tell that this is long way gone. A photo I found online...View attachment 12516
Here's some information to trace the importer. Looks like he lost money on the last TaskMaster he imported!

Looking at Google Maps for that address I see a neighbor a half mile away - 'Mazama Products - Farm Equipment' which used to be at the address you listed.

Here's a listing for Mazama naming owner and phone number. (This could be years-old data).
Wholesale farm equipment, 7 employees, $2.5m annual sales.

Oops. Here's HHU Inc. at that address. Listed as $5,000 EPA civil fine, environmental violation. in 2006.
Maybe your tractor was brought over after the standards were tightened.

And here's a list showing Mazama and other business neighbors nearby (again, may be very old data).
Thanks for your reply.

Yes I had seen that thing about the fine. What is a complete mistery is how is it possible that this tractor is here today. The only way I can see is that it came in a container somehow lol.

I contacted my local tractor shop and the guy is giving up. I mentioned that I would probably have to change rims on both sides so I can buy more standard tires and tubes.

He gave me 3 phone numbers...

The big issue for me is that if I find anything in the US, the shops won`t ship it to Canada.

Since my tractor is currently stuck in sand pit 1 mile from here, I am out of options. I will need to change all... :-(

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
With 4 wheel drive it is critical to have the ratio of front/back tires' rolling distance per revolution, stay the same as original. A larger or smaller tire would stress the gears excessively because it will try to go farther, or less far, than the rear tires go.
This information should be in some manufacturer's chart.

Could that damaged tire be repaired? It used to be common to repair tractor tires by inserting a 'boot', a piece of tough rubber, between a torn spot and the tube. That might at least get you out of the gravel pit.

Rene-Jean

With 4 wheel drive it is critical to have the ratio of front/back tires' rolling distance per revolution, stay the same as original. A larger or smaller tire would stress the gears excessively because it will try to go farther, or less far, than the rear tires go.
This information should be in some manufacturer's chart.

Could that damaged tire be repaired? It used to be common to repair tractor tires by inserting a 'boot', a piece of tough rubber, between a torn spot and the tube. That might at least get you out of the gravel pit.
Thank you for the valuable information. I did not think of those aspects.

I posted questions to a tire shop in Alberta and a kind person told me to check for a 6.00x16 instead. He told me to check for a AS-504 by BTK...

I use the tractor for a carry some burning wood from the garage to the house. I also have a snow blower for winter. I live in the woods and the only road I go on is a 2Km dirt road. I cannot drive fast anyway on that, I don`t know if it would be an issue that I change both tires for 600 instead of 6.50, I believe that this is half an inch...

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
That's a half inch in casing width. But its not the circumference, which must be identical on the replacement tire.