Need rear shocks, anybody know how to get them for less than a root canal?

Dragon Leg

I broke a rear drive axle u-joint, so I have it all apart and I discovered that the passenger shock was mounted backwards and had broken itself. I'm guessing the factory did that, but it could have been the previous owner. It was obviously wrong because the bump stop didn't even point at the frame.

The shock is a Showa 100401, and appears to be a typical $15 shock if I could find a car with it, but I can't. It looks like I can buy rusty, used shocks for about $100, or new ones from Germanbliss for $137 each plus shipping. Considering they wanted $28 to ship me 2 seals that would fit in an envelope, I'm guessing shipping is at least $50. From Kubota, it's probably a few dollars less than the MSRP of a brand new rig.

FYI, I found very affordable axles, bearings, and seals on Amazon. I don't know if I'm allowed to link the amazon part page, but if someone wants to know what I found, I'd be happy to help.

Thanks in advance!

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
where are you located? I am guessing somewhere in Illinois, due to using German Bliss. also what RTV do you have?

Dragon Leg

I live in Alabama, outside of Ft. Payne. I have a 2011 Kubota RTV 1100C. It's the older style rear suspension with about 2" of travel, and U-joints instead of CV joints in the rear end. It does still have leaf springs and shocks, but they barely move.

Dragon Leg

My dealer told me I don't have suspension, even while he had it for service. When he wanted $1800 for the two axles ($420 for both from SuperATV), I didn't keep asking about more parts. I was able to find the bearings and seals for $28 each side, although one side showed up missing a seal. I emailed them back, hopefully they can send another seal pretty quick. I found the seal for the differential on amazon too.

If anyone is looking for these parts, here's the amazon link for what I ordered. It looks right, just comparing them side by side. I haven't installed them yet. This is the rear axle ($209), rear wheel bearing and seal kit ($28), and differential axle seal kit ($12) . It looks like this will fit any RTV that isn't an RTVX, but I wouldn't take my word for it.

Gotmyrtvmike

Gold Site Supporter
I live in Alabama, outside of Ft. Payne. I have a 2011 Kubota RTV 1100C. It's the older style rear suspension with about 2" of travel, and U-joints instead of CV joints in the rear end. It does still have leaf springs and shocks, but they barely move.
Hello Alabama neighbor. I am in Killen, AL just outside of Florence. Not sure if it matches up with 2014 RTV-X1120D. If it does and you still need them let me know and I may have what you need. I come to Scottsboro every other week for work.