New forum look

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OK y'all. Neil hooked us up with new forum software and a new look.</p>

How about everyone updates their profile to make things complete.</p>

Fill in you Bio (where you live in particular) and a avatar would be nice. Sigs are optional.</p>

ajdillon

<P mce_keep="true">Okay Brian, I added an avatar and waited ten minutes, let's see how this looks.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Andrew</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Andrew, Looks good to me! (But I know the details since I have the big version of that picture).</p>

How 'ya been?</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true"> Andrew,</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Look great from over here !!!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> </P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

ajdillon

<P mce_keep="true">Been good here Brian, did a little coyote hunting up in the high rack earlier this spring, and I'm taking my RTV turkey and varmint hunting over the April 12th weekend. Mostly I've been busy setting up my trip to Africa. Gonna spend 4 weeks in Namibia in August hunting plains game and leopards. Still trying to figure out how to get my RTV into my checked baggage!</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun and even more coming!!! I'd love to go on an African game hunt.</p>

I've been meaning to ask or I'm old and have asked, got the answer then forgot. From your high rack, does the RTV move around much in the wind? Do passengers have to get off or otherwise sit perfectly still? Just wondering how much movement you get on your rest. </p>

ajdillon

<P mce_keep="true">Usually we drop a caller/decoy off out in a field and then back up into some brush/mesquite a 100 yards away and climb up into the high rack, hit the remote controland wait for a shot. It sits pretty still, I never noticed any wind movement, but if your hunting buddy rocks back and forth it can affect your shot, even off the shooting rail I installed on the roof. Mostly when sitting on coyotes we sit pretty still, so I don't notice much movement. When I first putthe high rackon the RTV I was concerned about center of gravity. I put one of my younger, more flexible, hunting buddies up in the rack and then went down and burned some doughnuts (tight circles) at the end of the cul de sac. He said he had to hang on for dear life, but it didn't seem tippy from up there or in the cockpit. I'm talking to an architect about building a retirement place on some acreage I bought up north of Austin on the Lampasas River. I've been noticing how much brush I have up there and wondering just how much stuff I'll have to unbolt from my RTV if I decide to tow one of those brush mowers behind it. The DR people tell me they have an extension for the control cable that's designed to mount on the luggage rack of a 4x4, so that it will run up to the cockpit of the RTV, but I'm pretty sure I'll need to take the high rack off to be able to see what's going on, even with the offset tow position.</P>

ajdillon

<P mce_keep="true">Thanks Two Guns, BTW I just sent you a series pictures of a wolf attacking a doe. Something for the tree huggers who think we shouldn't hunt predators.</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Thank You Mr. Andrew !!!!</P>

I got it, very interesting pictures !!!!</P>

<FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=4> ~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad to hear you don't have tipping or wind issues.</p>

Lets talk more about a mower. Please start a thread. There's lots of options and I don't know if a DR pull-behind mower may be your best choice.</p>

Hey, you didn't send me the pics of the wolves and deer.... I'm feeling left out.
</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
</P>

>>>>>>>> you got it bczoom, it's in your mailbox !!!! [:)]</P>

<FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=4> ~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></P>

<P mce_keep="true">BCZOOM,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">If it is alright with Andrew, could you PM me that picture..........Thanks,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Rusty Anvil......</P>

<P mce_keep="true">Nick America,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Thanks, that was my first baby......Now I have another baby the RTV.........LOL.....</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Rusty Anvil.........</P>

ajdillon

<P mce_keep="true">Brian & Rusty Anvil: I would have broadcast those pictures, but they are pretty bloody. Please feel free to share with anyone who has the stomach for it.</P>