New Install of Boss UTV Power V-XT

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
On my new RTV X1100C I had the dealer install a Boss UTV Power V-XT plow. I had one on my previous X900 and loved it. The new RTV has a beefed-up bumper and I like the improvements - on my X900 the bumper snapped on two spots so the new configuration is superior. However, the additional framing gets in the way of drilling for the electric connection bracket. Because of this problem the installer just used zip ties to secure it to the large tube of the bumper. Unfortunately this isn't secure enough and the whole bracket rotates away when you are trying to plug in the connectors from the plow. Drilling for the self tapping screws would be difficult so I came up with a way to firmly secure the bracket. I put double-backed foam on the bracket and then installed two stainless clamps. Not quite a good as welding the bracket on, but it was quick and takes care of the problem of not being secure.

Attachments

• tempImageXQS27D.png
    tempImageXQS27D.png
    13.1 MB · Views: 21
  • tempImagemYHagj.png
    tempImagemYHagj.png
    12.8 MB · Views: 22

ItBmine

My plug in is in that spot, but my installer managed to drill and use the screws to mount it. But your fix is sure better than zip ties!!

My installer even called me first to ask for my permission to drill the holes!

If you don't mind me asking BiffNH......how much was the Boss vee plow in the States? I paid $5300 Canadian installed for mine. That includes the skid shoes.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I would have liked to drill and screw it on, but I don't have a right angle drill and the Boss superstructure gets in the way of a regular drill. On my previous machine it was possible to drill it out. Anyway I think my method will work well. I paid $3,600 for plow and installation. I plow dirt roads so I don't use skid shoes.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
One thing I don't understand is why the installers of Boss plows place the control in the middle of the cab so that the hand you need to use to control the plow is also the hand you need to shift! On both my X900, and now with my X1100C, I moved the wiring and unit to the left of the steering wheel, and instead of holding the remote unit I mount it with velcro as shown in the picture. This allows me to use both hands for steering and yet I can easily reach and use the control.

Attachments

• tempImageMqM5dF.png
    tempImageMqM5dF.png
    13.8 MB · Views: 20

ItBmine

Ya, my wiring comes under the dash in the center. But I didn't mount my controller. I hold it in my right hand and with the shifter.

I was thinking of mounting it solid, but I'm used to holding it, that's the way I did it in my F550 so I'm used to it I guess.

How do you have it mounted with?

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Ya, my wiring comes under the dash in the center. But I didn't mount my controller. I hold it in my right hand and with the shifter.

I was thinking of mounting it solid, but I'm used to holding it, that's the way I did it in my F550 so I'm used to it I guess.

How do you have it mounted with?
I have it on a piece of EDPM that I cut and screwed in with two self-tapping screws. I took the handle off the controller and mount the unit to the EDPM with a piece of Velcro. Works really well - I like having both of my hands free. On my F250 I have the controller on the left so I am used to have my hands free and working the plow with my left hand as I shift with the right.

ItBmine

Ok....yours is a better mount than that cheap looking little clip that came with my controller.

I'm still on the fence of if and where I want to mount it if I decide to, so I appreciate your ideas you have shown.

That's the beauty of these forums.......seeing what other people have done to theirs.

tfdr1

I would have liked to drill and screw it on, but I don't have a right angle drill and the Boss superstructure gets in the way of a regular drill. On my previous machine it was possible to drill it out. Anyway I think my method will work well. I paid $3,600 for plow and installation. I plow dirt roads so I don't use skid shoes.

Which dealer did you get it from? I'm getting on "the list" at a few dealers in hopes that it gives me a better chance of getting one sooner than later. I just called MB in Tilton and he was pushing the Kubota v plow for $8000 but I would prefer the Boss V model and wondering where you went.

Dave

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I have only used the Boss V plow and it is fantastic! I had it on my X900 and used it 7 winters. It was in near perfect shape when I sold the machine in December. I have the same plow on my new X1100C and it is wonderful - lifts very high - quick response and much cheaper than the Kubota.. If I remember correctly I paid $3,600 for the plow and installation. I can not comment on the operation of the Kubota plow. The Boss is really easy to take off and put on - less than a minute. I purchased mine from MB in Tilton. Both times they brought the control unit to between the seats to the right of the steering wheel. I don't like having to have to shift with my right hand and operate the control at the same time. Both times I re-routed the control to the left of the steering wheel and mounted the control on a "stick" with velcro so it is always there and very easy to operate with my left hand while steering and shifting with my right hand. Works really well. As a matter of fact I just came in from plowing for 4 hours on my road!

Reactions: Doc

tfdr1

I have only used the Boss V plow and it is fantastic! I had it on my X900 and used it 7 winters. It was in near perfect shape when I sold the machine in December. I have the same plow on my new X1100C and it is wonderful - lifts very high - quick response and much cheaper than the Kubota.. If I remember correctly I paid $3,600 for the plow and installation. I can not comment on the operation of the Kubota plow. The Boss is really easy to take off and put on - less than a minute. I purchased mine from MB in Tilton. Both times they brought the control unit to between the seats to the right of the steering wheel. I don't like having to have to shift with my right hand and operate the control at the same time. Both times I re-routed the control to the left of the steering wheel and mounted the control on a "stick" with velcro so it is always there and very easy to operate with my left hand while steering and shifting with my right hand. Works really well. As a matter of fact I just came in from plowing for 4 hours on my road!

That's exactly who I called this morning and Connor the sales guy laughed in disbelief when I told him that I heard somebody just got a Boss installed for around $3600. If I was going to pay $8k for a plow it would be going on my comfy 3500 Denali not my RTV, LOL.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
For the RTV the plow is Boss Power V-XT and costs $3,600. Ask for Jake Ford (JacobF@MBtractor.com). I found him to be very responsive and pleasant to deal with. Good Luck.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
If you are close by and wish to see and use the Boss plow you are welcome to drop by. I am in Holderness.