river

Hello all. I've been reading this forum for a couple years, and finally decided to join. Me, Mrs river, and dog (35 lb mutt) live in Northern NY on the St. Lawrence River, St. Lawrence County. A couple years ago we decided that we "needed" a buggy for getting around. I stopped at the local dealers and tried out Ranger, Rhino, Mule, and Gator. They all sounded kind of the same with that CVT belt drive they use. They were also kind of hard to steer. Then I saw some orange RTV's at the Kubota dealer in Potsdam. Stopped in for a test drive. What a pleasant surprise! Power steering and a engine sound more like a work vehicle (going slow, engine slow, going fast, engine fast). So we are sold on the RTV. Talked to the dealer about a quote on the worksite model, including plow w/power angle, complete cab and heater, and HD struts to support all that extra weight. When I came home I found this forum and was amazed by all the help and information here. (My special appreciation goes to the admin and moderators here.)

We have been saving our pennies since then. It looks like we will have one later on this year. I recently read a thread where several members felt that if you wanted a complete cab, heater, & wipers, you might as well get them included and buy an 1100. I will need the heat, but don't care about A/C. Also the 1100 might not fit under my garage door (79.3" clearance). Matter of fact, the 900 with cab might not either. Any thoughts here?

I'll also be getting a high mount air intake, after reading the strong suggestions here.

We have over a foot of snow on the ground now, and expecting another 6" this weekend. Sure with the RTV was sitting ready to plow in the garage now!

We're on around 2 acres that goes down to the river. So far, we figure to use the RTV to haul
people, tools, and materials around, plowing snow, and also as a garden cart for dirt, rocks, and brush. I'm sure more uses will appear when the 'bota does.

Sorry to be so long-winded. Thanks again for a great forum.
Doug

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum ~~~~</P>

Happy you joined up..... Need anything, feel free to ask >>>>>>></P>

</P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT size=5> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT size=5>~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~</FONT> </FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>

mmolnar

Doug,

Welcome aboard. I'm new to this forum as well (a couple of weeks). I have already found the info here to be a great blessing.

We are also located in upstate NY (Franklin county) and just received our 1100 2 days ago. We'll use it for plowing and sanding at our church and for ongoing construction jobs and landscaping duties.

mmolnar

Deerlope

I am also in ST Lawernce county. I was just at the dealership in Potsdam 2 days ago(where I do all my kubota business). He had 2 RTV900's with power angleplows and heated cabs. Those two were going to Alcoa. He had to restrict the High and Meduim speeds on the shift pattern because of a 7 MPH speed limit they have there. I didn't order one but I will soon. Mine is and 05 with just a homemade cab and no heat.

Doug,</P>

Welcome to the forum........I am new here also.........These are a great bunch of people and will help you no matter how many questions you ask.........</P>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,,,,</P>

river

Deerlope -
This was back in '05. I assumed it was a Curtis. But I have read in this forum that the Blizzard is a better setup, with hydraulic up/down and left/right. Since you are in northern NY, you may know that the dealer is Snell's.
Doug

ddttweeks

River welcome to the forum. I just started posting recently myself. You better check your door clearance. When I had my 900 I could just get in my 7ft door. If I remember right I had a little over 80 inches on mine. When I traded for the 1100 had to put in a new 8ft door. Luckily my garage had high enough ceilings that it wasn't a big deal. I live in mooers forks, ny which puts me not to far from you. Went to college at Canton Atc back in 78/79. Spent a couple of years in your area. After owning both a 900 and 1100 each fully loaded this is what I think. The 1100 has alot more even heat, alot less cab noise and the a/c is a great bonus. I didn't think I would use the a/c as much I do. On those hot, dry, dusty days it's keeps you cool and dust free. The one downfall is no sliding windows which we used just to talk to fellow riders parked side by side. Dragoon's Farm Equipment just got a new camo 1100 in this week. Call Gary (518) 236-7110 check his deal just to compare. There service is outstanding.</P>

Deerlope

All I can say about the plows is they were white in color. The last 2 feet on each side gradually got higher towards the end of the blade.

Hi there, I'm a newbie also, I have an 06 w/hardcab and I have not measured it but i'll bet it is just as tall plus I put backup lights on top.

Deerlope,,,,,,</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">That is a Blizzard plow you are talking about..........I just saw one on the internet.......</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil,,,,,,,</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="river"]We have been saving our pennies since then. It looks like we will have one later on this year. I recently read a thread where several members felt that if you wanted a complete cab, heater, & wipers, you might as well get them included and buy an 1100. I will need the heat, but don't care about A/C. Also the 1100 might not fit under my garage door (79.3" clearance). Matter of fact, the 900 with cab might not either. Any thoughts here?[/quote]
Welcome to the forum Doug!!!
Get a machine as soon as you can. It's like getting your first ATV or tractor. You'll immediately find a million uses for it.
I'm pretty sure a 900 will fit in the door. I don't have a 1100 but I'd measure. Mine fit in a regular door until I put stuff on the roof of the machine. BTW, if/when you do put stuff on the roof, stick a post-it on the dash to say "don't go in that garage anymore". It'll save you replacing the stuff you just ripped off your roof. Don't ask how I know...

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi River and Mrs. River, Glad to hear you will have an RTV soon !! It is a real lifesaver for me. I would have named mine lifesaver but I use Hoss since it is so tuff. Welcome to the absolutely best forum around. Bordercollie[&][&]

notlaw

Welcome Doug. Glad you finally put your mailbox in the ground here. I've got an 1100 also. Did the piece pricing with the 900's myself. You can customize or add on as you can afford to, but the 1100 gets you there quicker and you'll still find things to personallize it. In the summer you can take your doors off. More conducive for the side by side chit chat.</P>

notlaw

mmolnar, very glad to have read your past thread on the arrival on the new toy, (sorry the machine).</P>

Nice machine.</P>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Notlaw: </P>

Congrats on the RTV. I'm still a poster on the forum andnot yet a RTV owner. You mentioned taking the doors off the 1100 in the summer. Can you do that easily? Can one person do it alone? Appreciate your feedback.</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Keifer,</P>

You say you not a RTV owner yet, well, go ahead and glue your teeth in, for I can smell it a coming...... You just gettin' yourself ready for the big jump, we know !!!! We've all been there too. ..</P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT size=5> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT size=5>~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~</FONT> </FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>