new tires

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Len, I ordered the cargo bed seal and rails for my X1120 today. Should have them next Friday. Especially when I mow in the orchards, I get all kinds of twigs, branches and leaves down on the engine block. That will help reduce that a bunch. And because we don't have plumbing in the field, we fill two 55 gallon drums and use a pump to give everything a drink. Those rails will make it easier on my old knees and back getting in and out of the bed. Thanks for the tips.

Len 900

As i walk around the rtv in muddy slippery areas it is nice to have the rails to hold on to. I have strapped lightweight things to the rails but the sidewalls of the bed will flex in especially if the tailgate is open taking away support so the d rings in the bed are the best for heavy things. A couple of install tips......when you drill the 6 holes for the rails put a stop on your bit so it doesn't go too deep and drill through the outside plastic panel. I think the instruction called for removing the plastic panels before drilling. If I remember right the hardware that came with the rails were nuts and bolts so the panel would have to come off to put the nuts on. I carefully drilled small holes with the panels left on and used short sheet metal screws that have worked fine. The front bed extension and seal that attaches to it has two legs that slip into the square holes at the front corners of the bed after popping the plastic caps off. I drilled two holes at each corner to run bolts into the nuts that are welded on the legs. I think just the lower hole on each leg would be adequate if i had it to do over again.......have fun!IMG_2276.jpgIMG_2274.jpg

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
UPDATE: Picked up the cargo bed seal and the bed rails today. The directions are not written at the standard Kubota is known for. They seem like they might be written by someone in another country. I'll just leave that there. Looks like all the hardware is here and some things were included that only a Sidekick could use so will just find a drawer for them in the barn. Looks like Len installed the bed rails using screws, my hardware kit came with flange bolts and flange nuts. I like the screws better so I don't have to cram my big paws up under the rail to secure the nut. I am grounded with a chest cold so installation will need to wait. I really like the idea of a Kubota sidekick bumper. But our purpose in getting one was to create a standoff in case we back into a tree. Tailgates are not cheap. The Sidekick bumpers are tucked in quite a bit and don't stick out far enough to help us in this case. RanchArmor has a real nice one but outta my range for a UTV bumper. But posting below if any of you moneybags want to pick one up.

Reactions: Doc

Len 900

The short sheet metal screws have worked well for me to hold the rails tight. The ranch armor bumper looks perfect. The cost is worth it for the quality and fits the need. I looked on the website and it weighs 45 ilbs. With tax it is over 800 dollars. The show stopper is the shipping cost. The website cost to ship to my farm from Texas is 490 dollars!!!!!!! The EMP bumper is made in Cleveland so could drive there. One of EMP website pics looks like you can see the tail lights. Would have to call them to ask if it blocks them or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
The short sheet metal screws have worked well for me to hold the rails tight. The ranch armor bumper looks perfect. The cost is worth it for the quality and fits the need. I looked on the website and it weighs 45 ilbs. With tax it is over 800 dollars. The show stopper is the shipping cost. The website cost to ship to my farm from Texas is 490 dollars!!!!!!! The EMP bumper is made in Cleveland so could drive there. One of EMP website pics looks like you can see the tail lights. Would have to call them to ask if it blocks them or not.
I will have to use screws too. I can't sse how these bolts would work. There are actually relocation brackets with the EMP that move the taillights to bolt up under the tie down bolts. The tail light visibility would only matter while on the township gravel roads between fields. I am in Grove City Ohio and thought about driving up there myself. Yeah I was kind shocked at the shipping for RanchArmor but shipping to me was same...close to five hundo. A nice lady at EMP shared the installation sheet with me, attached below. You can see how those brackets work. If you are a veteran, they have a discount code.

Attachments

• 12717 Installation Instructions.pdf
    123.2 KB · Views: 9

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Ordered the EMP bumper, used the vets discount code, had it the next day. UPS just had to bring it down the road a couple hundred miles. Extremely well packed. Soon as I kick this bronchitis, I am headed to the barn to install the cargo area seal, rails and bumper. If I have time left, the orchard needs raked and re-mulched.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Anyone wanting to make hand-rails or such might find it easy to buy some 1-inch square tubing and simply insert it into the bed rails.

This is what I realized when I wanted to make some passenger-security-rails when I installed a school-bus seat in the bed of my X900.
(click on the pic to Zoom-In)

Attachments

• A9A3353C-77D7-42C5-8963-E99F05DAEDB3.jpeg
    A9A3353C-77D7-42C5-8963-E99F05DAEDB3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16