new tires

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
ok i think i am going to order the 26 11 12 tires and just put them on my rims. the new tires call for a 9 inch wide rim and the stock Kubota rims are 8.5 so that should be ok. the new tires are about 5/8 inch wider than the stock 440 mag tires that are on it now and the new tires are 27.3 inches in dia the old stock tires are 25.6 inches in dia. the new tires are 8 ply radial and can be run at lower pressure than the old ones and the old tires are 6 ply bias at 20 psi. just information for future searchers. the new tires i have selected are ITP Baja cross. 26 11 12

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
ok gotem mounted today. used the Harbor Freight tire changer. the 26 11 12 ITP bajacross fit fine on the stock rims with no rubbing or clearance issues. these tire are a lot taller than the 440 mag tires that came on it. but i can't complain about them cause i had 4300 miles on them.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i am extremely bad at posting pics. the 26 11 12 ITP bajacross are holding up extremely well. i like them so much i got another set for my older 1100. went through a period of extreme wet flooding and they never let me down,they are wearing like iron on the rock roads and sand. the 26 added an average of 3 mph to my top speed and had no affect on low end power so that was nice too.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
How about wheel spacers ? Any of Ya'll use them"
I notice the rear wheels look (to me) to be farther in than the front wheels., Like an old Blazer,,

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
no need for spacers. my x1100c tracks front to back the same. on X series you can cranck up the suspension if you need room. when shopping tires pay special attention to the radius of the tires and other measurements. there is a wide variance in dimensions for the same size tire.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
My worksite tires (originals) wore out after 10,000 miles - still ok but not enough tread for the winter plowing. I just purchased a complete set of Sedona Coyote Tires from Rocky Mountain ATV.
Sedona Coyote Tire
A friend has them on his Honda ATV and likes them after one year so I decided to give them a try. The complete set was something like $330 and they arrived in three days with no shipping. Good service.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Ive having a hard time with some of the website tire wheel kit builders. Similar tire..
I am wanting to go with 14 inch aftermarket wheels. And for tires 26x11x14 on Front, and 26x12x14 on Rear.
Bolt pattern for an x1100c is 4/110 Ive read. but , but b.. but...
What other side by side has 26 inch tires and a 14 inch wheel with a 4/110 bolt pattern That Will FIT The x1100c?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
double make sure that the radius is the same on all four tires or you will mess up the 4wd. i noticed when i was shopping for my tires even though they were the same numerical size that the actual was all over the place.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
OK will do.
I found some wheels reasonably priced have not ordered them , HUB SIZE 86,00 hmmmm ??
1604014018571.png

VISION FIVE FIFTY 550 MATTE BLACKPart Number : 550-148110MB4UPC Number : 886821134779 Size : 14x8
Bolt : 4x110 Offset : -10 Hub Size : 86.00 Load : 1300 Backspace : 4.11

That fit ?

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
double make sure that the radius is the same on all four tires or you will mess up the 4wd. i noticed when i was shopping for my tires even though they were the same numerical size that the actual was all over the place.

So if I go with the 26" hi tires, And save or carry one of the old 25" for a spare,.. Would hurt to drive short distance with diff size tire for spare ? I would hate to be stranded ... Do you guys carry a jack and spare ?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So if I go with the 26" hi tires, And save or carry one of the old 25" for a spare,.. Would hurt to drive short distance with diff size tire for spare ? I would hate to be stranded ... Do you guys carry a jack and spare ?
If you keep it out of 4WD and don't engage the diff lock, you'll be OK.
I don't carry a jack and spare. My property only goes back 1/4 mile so that's the farthest I'd have to walk back. I'd then grab a tractor or ATV to get the spare and jack back. (If I use the tractor, I'd just lift the end of the RTV with the loader instead of jacking).

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
and a 11 inch wide tire does go smoothly on a 8 inch rim without puckering in the middle ...?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
If you keep it out of 4WD and don't engage the diff lock, you'll be OK.
I don't carry a jack and spare. My property only goes back 1/4 mile so that's the farthest I'd have to walk back. I'd then grab a tractor or ATV to get the spare and jack back. (If I use the tractor, I'd just lift the end of the RTV with the loader instead of jacking).

running a different radius tire on one side of a differential can build a stress and break a spider. especially from a 25 to a 26. if you are concerned with being stranded just carry a plug kit and a small air pump.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
running a different radius tire on one side of a differential can build a stress and break a spider. especially from a 25 to a 26. if you are concerned with being stranded just carry a plug kit and a small air pump.
If diff lock is off, aren't you in 1-wheel drive? If so, isn't the other tire just hanging out doing nothing but rolling? If there's stress from one side turning at a different speed than the other, wouldn't that stress occur every time you make a turn since the inside tire isn't spinning at the same rate as the outside tire?