New to me RTVX-1100c No power on inclines

4570FAN

RTV-X have two fuel adjustments, the top one is what SFS says to adjust. Full load screw adjustment, "they say to adjust this one on X1100".
No mention of other screw that is called "ASSY APPARATUS IDLE".

Anyways, I will return the front screw to OEM specs since i had zero improvment, and yes everything is adjusted and working correctly.

Did you ever adjust this screw? Before or after turbo?

Robbin817

I've been fighting this all week and discovered the NEW installed by a dealer, accelerator cable is too long. You can't adjust it to get the throttle to open all the way. So my question is, when you grab the throttle engine wire and pull it and watch the throttle hit the max, will it do the same thing with someone sitting in the cab pushing the accelerator by foot. You can hear it and see it if the throttle maxes out. If it doesn't, START THERE. We made no progress until we made that throttle hit the stop point when the gas pedal was on the ground. After that, a few minor adjustments to the linkage so that the HST was engaging and we went from 12 MPH to 22 MPH, climbs everything on my farm which may not be 20 degrees and with only two big boys in the cab as it's an 1120D. Now it doesn't lunge into forward or reverse. It works just like it's supposed too. But nothing worked until we stopped trying everything and focused on getting the throttle on the engine to open up.
Good luck,
Robbin

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been fighting this all week and discovered the NEW installed by a dealer, accelerator cable is too long. You can't adjust it to get the throttle to open all the way. So my question is, when you grab the throttle engine wire and pull it and watch the throttle hit the max, will it do the same thing with someone sitting in the cab pushing the accelerator by foot. You can hear it and see it if the throttle maxes out. If it doesn't, START THERE. We made no progress until we made that throttle hit the stop point when the gas pedal was on the ground. After that, a few minor adjustments to the linkage so that the HST was engaging and we went from 12 MPH to 22 MPH, climbs everything on my farm which may not be 20 degrees and with only two big boys in the cab as it's an 1120D. Now it doesn't lunge into forward or reverse. It works just like it's supposed too. But nothing worked until we stopped trying everything and focused on getting the throttle on the engine to open up.
Good luck,
Robbin
Good info. What year is your RTV that you needed a new throttle cable?

Robbin817

I just bought it, the throttle cable was replaced by the guy selling it. He took it to a kubota dealer to have it replaced. He said it was a 2018 but I suspect it's older, but in good shape. Tires look new but it had 1000 hours on it. Bed didn't have a ding in it, nothing more than casual wear except the throttle cable being replaced. Going into 4WD and engaging the diff lock was difficult because the linkage hadn't been exercised in years if ever. But with some WD 40 and TLC they both work fine now.

I can tell you the new replacement part is not correct. No way to adjust it to get the throttle to open more than half way. I went out to buy another one assuming they had used the wrong part and discovered the original part is discontinued and is replaced by this one, that doesn't work.

• Wow
Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks. If you post your serial number we can tell you the year so you know for sure.
These are tough little buggies. You will grow to love it.
Very common for 4wd and diff to be stiff. Every RTV I've owned has been that way.