New V-Plow for my RTV

Matt

I guess I didn't have enough projects going on so I decided to get a plow for my RTV today . I had been looking at the Boss for a while and was real close to getting one when I ran across the Snowdogg by Buyers. It's stainless instead of painted, only the bottom trips instead of the entire plow. I'm not sure what's better but in the long run it matters little since I now own it. I started the install tonight I will try and finish it tomorrow and get some other pics posted.

I was wondering what ideas others had for the handheld controller location and how they routed it into the cab, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image-3269823943.jpg
    image-3269823943.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 202
  • image-2776240376.jpg
    image-2776240376.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 197
  • image-1369391058.jpg
    image-1369391058.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 196
  • image-1627284753.jpg
    image-1627284753.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 197
  • image-389623.jpg
    image-389623.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 197
T

Toolman77

That is a nice looking v-plow, be sure and let us all know how well it works. That is the first one that I have seen that was not a Boss V-plow. Congrats on your new plow.
Tim

shinnery

Nice looking plow, the only use I would have for a plow is putting in a garden and I don't believe that one would work for that. Abilene, Texas has only recorded 0.04" of moisture this year and that was a little rain over 40 days ago. You can probably start a grassfire by walking outside and saying "Spark".
Bryce

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Nice looking plow for sure. This plow gives an option to the Boss V plow. Competition is usually a win-win for everyone. I said usually. How does the Snow Dogg compare in price to the Boss? And, did you purchase it through a dealership, distributed or online.

I have had a Boss V plow for several years and can say the "V" configuration is the way to go when moving snow.

Keifer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 183

Matt

I got it from a dealer in southern New Jersey called Dobsons turf management, it was $3250 out the door so not much of a difference. I could have had a Boss locally for about $3500 but this one was already assembled (not sure how much work involved to assemble) . Dobsons sells both but said he has been selling way more of these due to lower price and being stainless. I attached some pics I got online from a SnowDogg display, the Mahindra has the plow I bought yesterday. He had it mounted for display which was cool cause I got to see it function. They were very easy to deal with and customer oriented from my experience so far.

Attachments

• image-2319553831.jpg
    image-2319553831.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 179
  • image-2436320605.jpg
    image-2436320605.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 178
  • image-1473095595.jpg
    image-1473095595.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 178

Matt

Keifer,

How did you mount the controller and where did you route it through, looking for ideas.

Thanks,
Matt

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Matt:
Attached are some photos that might give you some ideas. Being left handed makes this set up work for me. Also, my plow was dealer bought/installed.
Keifer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 183

SVG

Matt,
I’m looking forward to some field reports. I’m still a couple of years away from pulling the trigger on a plow (unless I come across a deal I can’t pass up).
The Boss unit has been on my radar but I must admit the SS Snowdogg has caught my eye.

Matt

Matt, I'm looking forward to some field reports. I'm still a couple of years away from pulling the trigger on a plow (unless I come across a deal I can't pass up). The Boss unit has been on my radar but I must admit the SS Snowdogg has caught my eye.

Will do, during my research I found that many other manufacturers are coming out with UTV V-Plows like Western, Snow-ex & snow way. Probably a few others I'm missing
But a lot of other options coming down the pike. I guess they see what $$$ there missing out on.

razerface

boss has been on top for a few years,,enough time to copy and improve their plow. I like the looks of that stainless. How thick is it?

I plow with a boss v,,but haven't even hooked it up this year yet. Looks like ohio was forgotten this year in the snow allotments.

I hooked up similar to keifer,,,but my body isn't backwards,,so my controller is on the right side. :)

Matt

boss has been on top for a few years,,enough time to copy and improve their plow. I like the looks of that stainless. How thick is it? I plow with a boss v,,but haven't even hooked it up this year yet. Looks like ohio was forgotten this year in the snow allotments. I hooked up similar to keifer,,,but my body isn't backwards,,so my controller is on the right side. :)

I will have to check on the thickness, that was a concern of mine but it seems fairly adequate in my opinion. But I'm no expert by any means.

Matt

I still need to work out some kinks but finally got it hooked up. I need to determine what adjustments to make so the blade is level in all positions. Right now when in the scoop position only the middle is touching. Not thinking that's normal so I will try and raise the mount and hopefully that solves it. Other than that I'm Pretty happy with the results.

Attachments

• image-4016508833.jpg
    image-4016508833.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 124