No More Rattle

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
For the first time since we got the x1120, there are no more rattles.

As I learned from another member of the site, a couple of wraps of electrical tape on the tailgate pins cured that one. I later replaced it with black gorilla tape.

The SMV sign I have mounted on the rear screen was another source of rattle. The foam insulation I slid under one corner had departed and was rattlin right near my head.

The final rattle was coming from where the UTV Hitchworks transmission cover overlapped the skid plate/hitch extension. I had added washers to it twice but as some point, I couldn't add any more without getting longer screws. Finally found the right combination including hard rubber washers where they overlap.

Now all you can hear is the sweet little D1105 humming along and my Wife telling me to slow down. Yes, slow down. Really.

TNOrange

Was thinking the rubber o-rings or washers would do the trick. I'm chasing one on the roof that I think will be fixed by a cut pool noodle.

TechJunkie

For the first time since we got the x1120, there are no more rattles.

As I learned from another member of the site, a couple of wraps of electrical tape on the tailgate pins cured that one. I later replaced it with black gorilla tape.

The SMV sign I have mounted on the rear screen was another source of rattle. The foam insulation I slid under one corner had departed and was rattlin right near my head.

The final rattle was coming from where the UTV Hitchworks transmission cover overlapped the skid plate/hitch extension. I had added washers to it twice but as some point, I couldn't add any more without getting longer screws. Finally found the right combination including hard rubber washers where they overlap.

Now all you can hear is the sweet little D1105 humming along and my Wife telling me to slow down. Yes, slow down. Really.
The rubber washers did the trick for me as well.