NTT email notifications

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Some new members are not getting the confirmation email, and I've had a user not getting the instant email notification when someone posts in a thread they'd subscribed to.
Is anyone else having problems getting their instant email notification?

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I'm getting the instant notifications just fine.

Jim

JDA 3020

I'm one of the new users, no email notification of PM or topic responded to for me here on this end.

I had that problem once on another forum, I found out that I needed to clean out my cookies etc, shut off the computer and try again.

Guess I'll give that a try, it can't hurt I guess.

If that works for me, then I'll respond to this thread.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is sure worth a try. I have noticed I get other emal from NTT okay. So I 'think' the email portion of the site is functioning. I have looked for errors in the log and there are none.
Hopefully you'll receive a notification of a post to this thread JDA.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Trying again, in case I replied to soon on the last one.

edit to add:
Will someone else please subscribe to this thread so I can see if you get email notifications?

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Trying again, in case I replied to soon on the last one.

edit to add:
Will someone else please subscribe to this thread so I can see if you get email notifications?

I just signed up. Be sure you select "instant notification" for the email type. It defaults to notification off.

you can check your subscription type in the user control panel, "User CP" on the menu bar. It will say Instant in the box to the right of the thread name.

Jim

JDA 3020

Okay, I have just rechecked my options and I am in the instant email notification mode. I also did not receive any notification to the last post/s.

One thing I thought of, when I registered to this site, I never got any email notification that I needed to click on to activate my account. Does that help you guys out at all?

Thanks for the help.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
One thing I thought of, when I registered to this site, I never got any email notification that I needed to click on to activate my account. Does that help you guys out at all?

What is your isp? don't give us the whole email address but just the last, like @-billybob-dot-net?

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
ok, I just received notification of the last post to this thread.

Dear Jim Slagle,

JDA 3020 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - NTT email notifications - in the NTT General Info & Forum Problems forum of Net Tractor Talk.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Do you have a spam filter running JDA? Maybe it's catching our emails. I double checked your instand email notification also. All looks like you are set up correctly.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You have me stumped also. I turned on emai notifications for this thread and I'm getting them.
I'm sending you an email from my dothq.com account we'll see if that gets through.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I pm'd you on why the email is failing. It appears to be your ISP.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I pm'd you on why the email is failing. It appears to be your ISP.

That's why I asked for the last part of his email address. there are a handful of isp's who go overboard with their spam filters and blocking software.

Jim

JDA 3020

I had one PM notification from this site and that has been all. If that one got through okay, then it has to be on my end.

Did I ever mention I am computer illiterate :lam:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I'll answer to see if you receive a notification.

Jim

JDA 3020

I'll answer to see if you receive a notification.

Jim
No Jim, I didn't get a notification on this topic. I did however receive a notification from the thread about cheap/expensive tools and I received a Pm notification earlier. I have since gotten a PM from Doc but was not notified of it. So this tells me that notifications "can" get through to my email address but doesn't mean they "will".