OK, it's not a RTV

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
But he loves it anyway.

Here's a pic of my boy. Yesterday was his first time driving anything solo. He is so proud!!!

The tractor is going to be a Christmas present for him from his grandma
so I started working on it (ripping off the mower...). I need to put
some blocks on the pedals so he can reach.

Are we looking at a future garden tractor puller? Right age to start.</P>

That is a big thing around here that attracts all ages and usually goes on at all the small towns summer and fall events. Great family fun.</P>

Nick</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Brian,</P>

You've got yourself a fine young man . I know you are proud, and I'm proud for you . </P>

He's great, looks like he was listening at all the right stuff from his father. Keep 'em learning all you can about running the tractors and equipment. Their brains, at that age, are taking EVERYTHING in for sure. Before you know it, he will be running the RTV all over the place, the day before he tells you he thinks it's time for him to own his own. Please, enjoy these moments, for they are treasures !!!!</P>

Love the " Road Warrior " pads you've got on 'em. They are perfect !!!!</P>

Shoot Straight & Stay Safe ~~~</P>

~~~~ TWO GUNS [H]</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I can't keep him (or his sister) off the equipment. I knew the RTV was the right choice for me but if it had bucket seats, I'd have to replace it with a bench since the 2 of them are always with me.

With the exception of running a chainsaw or mower, he's always at my side "helping". Things then take twice as long but it's worth it.

My daughter (now 10) has been driving ATV's and tractors starting a little younger than my son is now. On the ATV's, it's required that she wear her helmet and chest protector. Well, when my son found out he's going to be the driver of the tractor, he immediately ran off and got his helmet and chest protector. It was cute. I told him he could skip the helmet (so he could see/hear better) but he left the chest protector on.

Speaking of "protector", below a pic of my daughter taken at the same time as my son on the tractor. She would ride near him to be his "wing man".

Nick - I doubt he'll be a puller. He's got the "need for speed" so I need to keep him in slower machines until he gets some of the craziness out.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Brian,</P>

I have all the respect for you making your children wear safety equipment as you do. Mine did as well. For it doesn't take but a second, and we can loose 'em ..... I myself, at one time, caught my daughter, who is now 29, when she was younger, riding without a helment !!! Sorry my dear, sold the wheeler that belong to her. I ment what I said ~~~~And she was just about out of high school before I purchased her another, and let me state this, she never forgot again !!!!! I would rather have a daughter upset at me for awhile, than to have to loose her .......</P>

To tell you how things can happen, a dear friend of mine, who spent two tours in Vietnam as a fighter pilot. Came home, went into the profession of crop dusting from the air. Crashed three of his AG wagons, survived each time. Just to let a four-wheeler roll over and kill him. So, crazy things can happen. And will before we know it !!! That's why I was so upset over my little girl going without a helment.......</P>

</P>

Isn't it fantastic to be young and know no fear! Great looking children and good to see them wearing the proper protection. We all went through that speed age -part of being a young boy or girl in this great country. Youth-a great time before really getting serious-love it! Only comes once.</P>

I know they will have a great time andthetractor is a very good starting vehicle. I know Granddad is proud too.</P>

Nick</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Jamie,
They don't even think about it any more. They just do it (put on the gear).
I almost lost my life on an ATV 9 years ago. I broke most every bone from my waist to my neck (then went into respiratory failure). A couple months in critical care with a ventilator stuck down your mouth isn't fun...

[quote user="TWO GUNS"]sold the wheeler that belong to her[/quote]
Hey, I don't want to do that... That's my ATV she's riding. I put all the kids ATV's, the dune buggy... in winter storage last weekend.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Nick-America"]Isn't it fantastic to be young and know no fear![/quote]
For the kids, yes. For their parents, no. My parents laugh when they see him doing some of his antics. They remind me that I was just like that and he's just the medicine they needed to get even for what I was like.

[quote user="Nick-America"]Great looking children and good to see them wearing the
proper protection. We all went through that speed age -part of being a
young boy or girl in this great country. [/quote]
Thanks Nick.

Luckily, my daughter got a couple years of riding under her belt before she got into the speed thing. My son wants to go 100 mph on his maiden voyage.

coobie

[quote user="bczoom"]But he loves it anyway.

Here's a pic of my boy. Yesterday was his first time driving anything solo. He is so proud!!!

The tractor is going to be a Christmas present for him from his grandma so I started working on it (ripping off the mower...). I need to put some blocks on the pedals so he can reach.

[/quote]Cool Pic brain,brings back a few memories of my grandsons who started out on my old wheelhorse mower and graduated up to a Kaw.3010 mule and now the Kubota RTV.I always say start them young[:)]and keep them close,it pays off in the end.coobie[:)]