Old ford transmission question

homer169

My father in law has an old ford grave digger and the clutch quit working summer before last. We were able to get the backhoe off of the tractor and sent it over to a buddies shop to be split. When he got it apart we found that the part that pushed the fork forward is broken. This part has a pin that goes across the bell housing and we cant figure out how to get the pin out. I'm not sure what the parts are called but I am including some pictures of the broken part, pin and tractor plates. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

Attachments

• IMAG0082.jpg
    IMAG0082.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMAG0083.jpg
    IMAG0083.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMAG0085.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMAG0063.jpg
    IMAG0063.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMAG0061.jpg
    IMAG0061.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMAG0066.jpg
    IMAG0066.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMAG0065.jpg
    IMAG0065.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 43

loboloco

If you can't drive it out, you may have to drill it or cut it out. Not sure on that one what the recommended procedure would be.

What is broke on it? Does that dimple not keep the fork locked in place on the shaft?

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm trying to get an idea of your clutch layout...

As I'm looking at this... When the clutch is depressed does this shaft turn clockwise or counter clockwise when the clutch is depressed?

homer169

attachment.php

I'm trying to get an idea of your clutch layout...

As I'm looking at this... When the clutch is depressed does this shaft turn clockwise or counter clockwise when the clutch is depressed?

The shaft spins clockwise. The picture showing the left side of the transmission input shaft has a spot where we believe a bolt came out of. The bolt we found in the bottom of the transmission case was not something we believe should have been there, but may have been a shade tree fix in the past. We were really hoping to get the shaft out so we could re-weld that spot and possibly replace it with the correct part.

Thanks so much for the input so far everyone. :thankyou2:

Is the fork tight on the shaft, is there any free play?

Looking at that pic... It looks like your adjustment rod on the clutch is almost all the way in, so the fork wouldn't travel as far.