Ordered a 1100 yesterday. Hill climbing

JohnR

Although I have lived on a farm all my adult life and have multiple tractors their are some thinks I guess I don't know about this type of equipment. I plan to go up and down some steep hills with the 1100 which I have avoided with my farm tractor for fear of flipping over. What is the safest way to take a hill? Straight up and straight down or attempt to traverse and pick your way up the elevation a little at a time. First way puts you at risk of flipping over the second way could cause you to roll over. What is the best approach?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
When I take the RTVinto the Mississippi hills, I go straight up & down. ( Slowly ) Don't get into no Rush at All ***** And alwayswearseat belts !!!!!</P>

[:D]</P>

JohnR

Thank You Two Guns. By the way how did you fasten your overhead gun rack to the ceiling of your 900. Does it require drilling holes through the roof ? I have been gromming trails with brush gog in preperation for arrival next week of my new 1100.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
The Big Sky two gun rack, is great ! [H] Yes, Drilled holes, on the SIDESof the roof.Used stainless steel screws with rubber/nylon style groument washers. Works great, carry two bull ( Heavy ) barreled law enforcement sniper rifles up there, anyway, the weapons are really heavy themselves, with the scopes and accessories along with 'em . But the rack holds them perfect and out of the way !!! </P>

Had to cut out some trails this summer for my RTV. Of couse the machine is wider & TALLER than the Honda Rubicon'sthatsbeen a running.Didn't want a limb to even touch my new RTV at all. Also, didn't want another limb to tear off my new GOLIGHT or work lights either.</P>

</P>

[:cool:]</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on your RTV John,

I have some pretty steep hills myself. As already noted, straight up and down is preferred. If it can't make it, you may need to cut trails to traverse the hillside. That's what I had to do with mine.