Recently acquired Ford 1210 with Loader

Newby Tractor

I've never had a tractor and this one was left to me from my father in-law. It runs great and at first the loader worked fine. It has a Bushhog 1845QT. The other day I cranked it up and the I raised the loader and it worked fine. However I went to lower it it was real slow, took 20 minutes to get it down. Also the bucket was slow to move. I inspected the lines and the control was leaking. Pics are attached. It looks like it's coming out of the detent valve. The rebuild kit of what I could find is ~ $ 600. I haven't pulled it out and inspected it yet. Any advice ? Thanks !

Attachments

• 20211222_161813.jpg
    20211222_161813.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 20211222_161350.jpg
    20211222_161350.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi. Welcome to Net Tractor Talk.
Sounds like you are on the right track. I hope someone who has run into something similar will come along soon.

Newby Tractor

Hi. Welcome to Net Tractor Talk.
Sounds like you are on the right track. I hope someone who has run into something similar will come along soon.
Thank you ! I really don't want to pay the cost of a rebuild kit. I'm hoping it's just a end seal.

Reactions: Doc

Fedup

I doubt a rebuild kit will solve the problem. Nothing you can buy for that valve is worth $600. The oil leak pictured is most likely just an O ring seeping, and not likely anything to do with operation of the loader. Look closer at the valve, and see how many hoses connect it to the tractor. It could be either two or three. Should be three. If it's only the two pictured, then that alone could part of the problem, as well as a cause for the leak.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I agree there should be at least 3 and quite possibly 4 hyd hoses going to the cyclic control valve. Check for color coding or something to show any quick connectors are connected to the proper location.
An O-ring kit is normally adequate if you want to pull the valve apart. Be careful & slow as there's probably some springs in there that may want to fly out.