Replacement LED Headlights for RTV

606timm

Good morning, everyone. Is anyone familiar with replacement headlights for the RTV. I have a RTV-X1100C and my headlights are not too bright. I'd like to replace them with something brighter or at least a whiter light. Thought I'd check here before I start taking mine apart. Thanks. Enjoy the day.

Hunter11

I installed a set of LED bulbs (881) I bought off Amazon in my X1140 right after I bought it and they doubled the light output plus made it a much whiter light. Still not near the light my Mule Pro use to put out. What made the biggest difference was installing a 42" curved light bar on the roof. I can light up the night now.

606timm

Great. Thanks Hunter11. I'll give them a try. I also have two LED floods on the top front and two on the top back as well. I usually don't drive with the floods on though. Can you share a link to your light bar as well? Was there anything that you had to make to have it fit properly?

Hunter11

Below is the description for the light I bought. I got mine at Walmart but Amazon also carries them. It fit perfectly on my Kubota factory plastic roof. and is very stout mounted there. I also ordered a wire harness for it. I also installed two 6" LED lights at the back corners at the same time. Hope this helps.

Nilight 42Inch 240W Curved LED Work Light Spot Flood Combo​

mgrick

I bought these off of Amazon, they are better than stock. No issues.
VehiCode 880 881 LED Fog Light Bulb Slim Conversion Kit

FTG-05

I looked at my RTV WSM and could find nothing as to the type of headlight bulbs my 2006 RTV headlights were. e.g. H11, 9005, 9006, etc. etc. Same with the Owner's manual. They only ID the bulb as "37.5 watts".

Anyone know where I can find that info?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
For things like this, I go to messicks.com and go to their online parts section.

Please confirm your model and year, but this may be it.

If you inspect or remove the existing bulb, there may be a part # on it to verify.

FTG-05

BC, yea I got that. I was looking for the generic headlamp part number, not the Kubota part number.

For example, you can find all kinds of 9005/9006-style headlight bulbs from all kinds of manufactueres; the Kubota part number only comes up with Kubota head lights bulbs with Kubota dismal performance, not after market LED performance.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Myself, I'd remove one of the bulbs and go to a auto parts place to see if I could find a match.

Just a heads-up. When these first came out, everyone complained about the dismal output. Some people found new bulbs with matching sockets but (I think the bulbs were halogen) after installing and running them for a bit, the bulbs heat melted the entire headlight housing. I wouldn't think it would be an issue with LED, just throwing that out there for anyone reading this.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
These are the bulbs I used to replace the factory RTV-X1120D bulbs. They are LED and provide twice the light and zero heat. I also upgraded my BX2230 tractor but that was a different electrical connector and thus a different part. I can send that to anyone on request. Very happy with both, especially at night. Coming back from the field, the township roads in Ohio are dangerous at night. It good to let folks know there is someone else on the road. I hope this helps.

For what it's worth, I can confirm my 06 900W uses bulb #896. These were not designed to meet Headlamp Lumens Standards. In the automotive arena, they are used as DRL (Daytime Running Lamps), cornering and reverse lamps. The above mentioned LED lamps should work. 2 x 15w = 2.5amps. Keep in mind that the heat sinks (Aluminum housing on back of bulb) dissipate heat.

Caution should be used to ensure the heat sinks are not covered and open to air flow. I fitted a lightweight moving blanket in my underhood area to 1) reduce air flow into the cab 2) provides a 'floor' so I can use the storage area. I used water shedders designed for door speakers to ensure an air gap between the blanket and bulbs.

Just my 2 cents as I harbor in place after plowing this morning.

606timm

I got the new LED headlights installed and finally took a night picture. They pretty much match the color/whiteness of the upper lights. They are much brighter than the factory halogens. Highly recommend this upgrade if you can.

Attachments

• IMG_0764.jpg
    IMG_0764.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0765.jpg
    IMG_0765.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22