RTV 1100 Accessories

learstroker

Is there a DC adapter to power a GPS in the cab of a RTV 1100? Anyone figured out a place to hang a Pull-pal? www.pullpal.com These have helped me alot in my argo days, getting unstuck without a deadman. </P>

</P>

</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Don't know how big these thing are, but if it wouldn't fit under the hood, might have to fabricate yourself a hanger under the bed, in the back, under the tailgate section. Other than that, keep it in the bed. </P>

Give it a lttle time, someone should come up with you a proper answer >>>>.[*-)]</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Learstroker

Welcome to the forum.
I don't have a pull-pal either but since it's in a case, I think you'll be able to find the appropriate place and (if necesary) easily fabricate something to hold it.
Some options I'm thinking of (and strap it to):
Front of grill guard
Rear cage of cab
Outside of cargo box
Under front hood (where 2-guns mentioned)
Not sure but you may be able to squeeze (wedge) it between the grill guard and front plastic. It might slide all the way down to the winch.

For a DC adapter, are you just looking for a 12v plug (cigarette lighter type)? If so, they're easy to get and install.

There is a DC plug in on the dash. I am running an iWay 500c in my 1100. I had the iWay for auto road trips. I just put the antenna on top of the sunvisor and get excellent reception through the top. I like to keep track of the miles and also the only way to check MPG. I put a double tailed plug in and use the other for the Sirius radio.</P>

Nick</P>

Ricochet

[quote user="Nick-America"]

There is a DC plug in on the dash. I am running an iWay 500c in my 1100. I had the iWay for auto road trips. I just put the antenna on top of the sunvisor and get excellent reception through the top. I like to keep track of the miles and also the only way to check MPG. I put a double tailed plug in and use the other for the Sirius radio.</p>

Nick</p>[/quote]

Cool, what is your MPG so far?

It has been cool here lately and we have been sitting a lot with the heater on lookingat deer and turkey.Can't wait to get her lite-up.The Ohio River is falling so we can go on the gravel bars and I will be able to get enough miles to get a good figure. </P>

I have two friends that have other UTVs and both are going to get a 1100 based on the cabs. One for duck hunting, going to his buried tanks-which he has four sitting in shallow water-that serve as blinds. He really roughs it duck hunting. The tanks are 8 ft. dia. and 24 to 32 foot long. Elevated adjustableseats to sit on until ready to shoot, heated and cooks breakfast in them, tv ifdesired. The floors are built up so you stand on flat surface, also sliding doors to shot out of. I feel sorry for someone that needs to hunt for food for the table and has to hunt under those conditions. Sorry about the sideline talk but I get a kick out of him. If it doesn't rain, turn the pump on. The other onelives in northcentral Illinois and wants one to huntwith and plow snow.</P>

Really, it is interesting to see how many miles one can put on it just messing around. Being retired I use it or ride in it every day Wouldn't be without it now, and winter isn't here yet.</P>

Nick</P>

be quiet, shoot good , take home the ducks photos</P>

</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
LOVE THAT DUCK HUNTIN'</P>

Going to use mine also, to go to the blinds !!! The RTV can carry many, many decoys .....</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Jippy"]Cool, what is your MPG so far?[/quote]
If I may chime in, I've never found MPG's to be an accurate measure for any off-road vehicles (be it a tractor, ATV, UTV...).

I've found that measuring in gallons-per-hour is a better measurement. Unless on a paved surface like a car would be, speed and RPM's factor too much to measure MPG's.

The easiest example to show my point would be mowing or brush-cutting with a tractor vs. driving the tractor down the road. For both, let's assume you're at PTO RPM's. In terms of MPG's, going down the road would give a much higher number but using GPM's, they're going to be pretty close.

I haven't done it in a couple years but if/as I recall, I was getting around 2.3 GPH.

MPG-It is just a "thing". Last Sunday we went on a fairly long 4 wheeler, UTV,jeep,2 wheeler poker run down in Dogtooth Bend. This is almost the most southern part of Illinois and the only place in Illinois where the Mississippi River runs north due to Dogtooth Bend. Enough history that no one is interested in anyway. I didn't have the GPS in on that trip but wish it would have been. True GPH are indicative of fuel usage but generally that is talked about in larger equipment. Some of us just like to know GPM and that would have been a good opportunity to check that. It was the only RTV 1100 on the runand got a lot of attention anyway. Also,any fuel consideration at all does mean much to me when having a good time and that is whatI have on the RTV.</P>

Nick</P>

ride hard, ride often, don't worry about the fuel used</P>

just like aworking tractor-don't worry about the fuel-look behind and see how muchgetting done-the real issue to me</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like a fun trip!!!

I don't keep track of MPG or GPM's any more on my RTV. There was a few times it would have been interesting to have an odometer. When I pull the kids on their toboggan, it's amazing how many miles you can rack up. I have 550-600' long strip in the back yard which is where I normally pull them (staying close to home) since they either need a hat/goggles/helmet change from head-dives into snow or (when they were younger), the tendency to fall asleep. Well, prior to the RTV, I did this toboggan loop with my ATV. The rides were much shorter due to either me freezing my butt off or them falling asleep but it wasn't unusual to put 20-25 miles on pretty quickly. I'd bet I easily put 40 miles on a night when pulling them.

Brian: You do know there is probably a 1100 somewhere out there that would love to have your attention!!! I got mine in two days-dealer went after it. </P>

Look forward to winter!!!!</P>

Nick in warm southern Illinois</P>