RTV 1100 diesel 32093 oil filter alternatives?

N8ECH

After discovering that the oil in my neighbors RTV-1100 has not been changed since January of '15, I am looking for an alternative to the oem filter. While we are at this, how many quarts should I expect to refill with? My guess would be around 3 quarts of 10w 30 correct?
I have been able to find an alternative for my Grasshopper 721D.
What do you all use?

Don

N8ECH

Authur:
That was the impression I was under, that all diesels ran on 15w40. I know that I have seen a 10w30 spec in at least one of the manuals for all this diesel equipment I have access to. I certainly want to use the correct weight. Since I got the 721D, I have been running synthetic 5 or 10w30 in it with no apparent ill effects. What brand is your fav in the 15w?

Don

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
After discovering that the oil in my neighbors RTV-1100 has not been changed since January of '15, I am looking for an alternative to the oem filter. While we are at this, how many quarts should I expect to refill with? My guess would be around 3 quarts of 10w 30 correct?
I have been able to find an alternative for my Grasshopper 721D.
What do you all use?

Don

What has the matter of being beyond the recommended change-period got to do with eciding not to use the OEM filter?
Kubota filter meet ALL the requirements of the machine.... AND...they are not over-priced. So why wouldn't you want to use them?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Authur:
That was the impression I was under, that all diesels ran on 15w40. I know that I have seen a 10w30 spec in at least one of the manuals for all this diesel equipment I have access to. I certainly want to use the correct weight. Since I got the 721D, I have been running synthetic 5 or 10w30 in it with no apparent ill effects. What brand is your fav in the 15w?

Don
Don
there is a graph in the owners manual that specs the weight viscosity of the oil according to temperature outside. 15w40 covers most environments but in some cold places a 10w30 or maybe lighter oil could be correct. there is a link in the sticky to free downloads for owners manuals above. as far as brand go there are many choices from shell rotella to johndeere caseIH or even Kubota brands and many many more. i would get a brand that is convenient to your friends access,just make sure it is an oil formulated for diesel engines. i use the kubota brand filter and i just get them by the case from either messiks or colemans online or some other source. if i was going to use aftermarket i would use wix or baldwin brand. just get a store to use their cross reference to cross the number. but for the transmission filters i swear by kubota oil and filters only.

warning!!!!! the last oil change i did on my rtv the old o-ring on the filter stuck to the block and when i screwed on the new filter i had a bad leak. if had gone un noticed things would be bad. note to self always check the old filter to make sure the oring comes with the filter.

N8ECH

@ Geohorn:
I agree 100%! I am an oem kinda guy when it comes to filters, fuel pumps, thermostats, etc. In this instance though, I am having some trouble finding an oem 32093 filter locally. I see them online for $14 and up shipped. Since the RTV isn't, mine, I don't want to buy a case of them. I might do that though for my 721D.

@ Aurthur:
Here in SW Ohio, we do have some pretty harsh winters, and the RTV is used to plow snow as previously mentioned. That why I was thinking of the 10w30.

Don

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
that is why i mentioned the owners manual. could be that a different weight viscosity will be needed for winter than for summer. but i would bet the 15w40 covers your environment. let us know?

Iron mike

10w 30 is the year round oil recommended by Kubota for Canada, it’s also the only oil they sell. There are Wix and Fram alternatives for the filter but the Kubota is priced the same, or at least they are in the GWN. Napa has a Napa Gold filter that is interchangeable but cost more than the OEM Kubota.

N8ECH

So, it appears that I could run the 15w40 or the 10w30 here in SW Ohio without a problem, especially during the winter months.

Re oil filters, after some research, it appears that the oem 32090/32093 filters are identical, and fit both the RTV 1100 as well as the 930D Grasshopper.
The 32430/32094 also appear to be identical, and both work on my 721D Grasshopper.

R &L Supply on Ebay appear to have pretty good deals on the oem filters. If you buy 6, they are $10ish each shipped.

Don

N8ECH

Finally got to the much needed oil service today with a 32090 filter already on hand for the G 930D. This thing has 3 other canister style filters on it under the bed. It appears that are for the hydraulic system. I found 2 gallon jugs of Mobil 1 synthetic diesel rated 15w40 at Walmart for $17.50 each. It took every bit of 4.5 quarts to get the dipstick to the full line.

The 32093 oil filter I removed was dated 1/2015, @ 77 hrs. The hour meter currently reads just over 177 hours. It sees maybe 25-30 hours a year.

Don

• Wow
Reactions: Doc