RTV 500 lift and tires

Bucks_071

Alright folks, I have been pulling my hair out wanting a lift for the 500 and to know how big I can go on tires without issues. I just got off the phone with a Bota dealer in GA. (SUPER NICE GUYS) that had a picture of a 500 with after market rims and tires that looked real sweet. He said they had been lifting all their 500s and putting 25-26 inch on them because they look SO much better. I had to do some prying, cause I have looked everywhere and no lift is out there for the 500. He finally said since I was in IN. and he didn't want me to waste money on shipping then find out what they were doing he would tell me. They use the 900 lift on the front, said it fits perfect and easy as pie then leave the back alone. No clearance issues in the back, only the front so the 2" takes care of that. They have ran 26" mudlites with no problems....
Man that was a mouthfull....

Bucks_071

It will be done and I will post pictures. Just not sure how quick I will do it. Will def. have it done by hunting season. Gotta figure out how to convince the BOSS that a 2" lift, aftermarket rims and mud tires are an "investment"....

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have that lift kit on my 900. There's some "tricks" to making it go in easy. I'll see if I can find the thread with the install instructions and bump it.

Bucks_071

Yep DixieDog that is the one. They do not work on the rear is why they say it is for the 900, 1100 only. But these guys said they just use them for the front and leave them off the back and have no issues with bigger tires. Now my question is, is the equipment the same front and rear. As in does it matter which spacers go up front and which ones go in back. If they are universal then it would be possible to split a set with someone instead of buying a set and having 2 left over. Maybe one of the 900-1100 folks that have done an install can let us know if they are universal. If thats the case we could do the lift for $80 bucks.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bucks,

No. The equipment is not the same front and rear. In the pic provided in the link, the 2 flat brackets with bolts are for the rear. The round plate thingys get mounted in the front (on top of the struts).