RTV 500 Tires

Bucks_071

Just found this forum and think you guys are great. I do have a few questons. I have a RTV500 and am looking at replacement tires. I have read in a few threads of folks going to 27" on the 900/1100 with no problems. I am looking to add any ground clearance I can. Anyone tried 27" on the 500? Also, I have seen the 2" lifts for the 900/1100, but no such luck on the 500. Anyone heard of anything in the works?

BTW I know you folks love to hear about the rides so here goes. I have an 2010 RTV 500, 2500# winch, 72" plow(yes my baby pushes a 72" all day long in 2wd no problem). Have the rumble seat (a must) in back for my 2 little girls to ride when the Wife decides to come along.

DocGP

I will relay my experiences with the 900. I really like the ITP 589's. Just been a good all around tire for me. If I HAD to come up with a negative, they will tear up the yard if it has been raining, but other than that, I love them. I went up to the larger tires, and when I change back, I am going to go back to stock size. Mine hit when you get into large bumps (like climbing through ditches) and it took a bit off the top end.

Still love the tires. Would love to take one of the little 500's for a spin.

Doc

Bucks_071

Thanks for the info. I was concerned with rubbing the wheel wells when turning and hadn't really thought about them hitting over bumps. I may just end up being the guinne pig if nobody has tried it yet...

DocGP

Well Bucks, I should clarify a bit. They don't hit in normal stuff. Just when you get way off angle across big ditches, or try to cross a log in the woods. That kind of stuff. I can climb 8", maybe 10" stuff and my 27's don't have an issue, but if you get way off, the lugs start popping on something.

Doc

DIXIEDOG

I think you'd be hard pressed to clear a true 25" tire let alone a 27" tire....there is extremely little clearance. I wanted larger tires myself for clearance but when I pulled out the measuring tape the space just wasn't there.

I haven't seen a lift dedicated for the 500 either, if I had I would have likely already installed it. A long travel suspension lift kit would be awesome on one.