RTV 900 2007 Recreational ROPS Squeaks

<p class="MsoNormal">I would like to know if anyone else out there is
experiencing squeaking in the ROPS frame when driving on rough ground.<span style=""> </span>I notice that the top ROPS pipes make some
noise where they are connected to the front and back assembly.<span style=""> </span>Nuts and bolts seem to be tight.<span style=""> </span>Thanks. </p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's been a few years but I thought I recalled some squeaks. What I don't recall is exactly where they were. ROPS? Rear Cage? I don't recall.

Did you try giving those bolts an extra 1/4 turn?

Yes, just talked with dealer and they said that the bolts
that connect back ROPS with front need to be tightened. I do
believe that ROPS stands for Rollover Protective Structure. I will
tighten the bolts and let you know if that was it. Besides that... very
nice Unit.!<span style=""> </span>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="DieselHound"]I do
believe that ROPS stands for Rollover Protective Structure.<span style=""></span>

[/quote]
When I said "ROPS? Rear Cage?" I was just questioning myself on where my squeaking was.

<p class="MsoNormal">The squeaking is coming from the cross bars for the
ROPS.<span style=""> </span>Where the cross bars attach to
the back and front.<span style=""> </span>I did tighten up
the bolts and it did help a lot. </p>

DougK

You also might want to check the bolts that connect the ROPS to the RTV. I found several of those bolts were loose.</P>

</P>

LABMAN

Thank you for the information about the squeaks. I've been putting up with them since I got the machine. Thought it was the plastic roof rubbing on the ROPS. I checked the nuts and they were loose like you said. I'd tightened the roof clamps and it seemed to help a little, but now I'm convinced you've solved my problem. That's what I like about this site, you guys know more than the local dealer. I keep them informed of what I learn here. Thanks!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="LABMAN"]That's what I like about this site, you guys know more than the local dealer. I keep them informed of what I learn here.[/quote]
There's another thread about that and I'll defend the dealer. Basically, we can't expect them to know their entire product lines inside and out, as well as the maintenance stuff. I know I couldn't do it...

I have no idea what the number would be but would guess there's collectively thousands of hours of RTV seat time from the members of this site. (OK, that's 47,000 of bordercollie's seat time and 3,000 for the rest of us combined). There's no better teacher...