fdharley

HAS ANYBODY IN LOUISIANA HAS THERE KUBOTA 900 RTV</P>

FIXED TO BE ROAD LEGAL , IF SO WHAT DID YOU HAVE TO DO</P>

TO GET IT LEGAL</P>

</P>

FDHARLEY</P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
dat is a good topic i would like to get my hpx legal but just havent got around to it. as for as i know you would have to have a horn /signal lights/reverse lights. the high and low beam i'm not sure about you might need them too.i really don't think a widnshield is a priority becease a motorbike don't have one and it's legal . but the main thing is the horn and lights oh the lisens plate holder and lisens plate light. and from what i here it must do atleast or above 25mph

KevLis900SE

Here in IL all I will need is the hazard light kit and a slow moving vehicle sign on the back.A state trooper friend of mine has a 900 on their family farm and this is the way theirs is set up and they run it on the road between farms all the time.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
There is so much to this question, but this is what was found out ~~~</P>

The sticker,that they give you at theDMV office, that is not a tag .... That's just a sneaky way Louisiana has to show that you paid the tax on the purchase of a vehicle. </P>

Louisiana Law // Statutory Criminal Law & Procedure /// R.S. 32:299</P>

I'm going to shorten this up a little, it's coming from a Louisiana Law Book /////</P>

Off-road vehicles, three & four wheelers & other all-terrain vehicles, are hereby permitted to travel on theSHOULDERS of all public roads & highways except interstate highways. Operator possesses a valid Class " E" driver's licence and at least own one motor vehicle which is registered with the Dept. of Public Safety & Corrections, office of motor vehicles. Daylight hours only. Also, they may operate on the shoulders of improved asphalt or concrete shoulders except an interstate highways and have SAFETY TRIANGLES ATTACHED TO THE BACK OF THE OFF ROAD VEHICLES.( 32:376) OR WARNING LIGHTS AND OR SLOW MOVEING VEHICLE EMBLEMS. Proof of the off-road vehicles being used in farming operations shall have evidence of equipment used for farming operations thereof ~~~</P>

I checked with my La. State Policebuddy, he said the equipment used for farming operations could be just a pump-up sprayer tied on the back of a wheeler, and have the safety triangle attached.</P>

In other words, don't just run down the middle of the road showing your butt !!!!!!</P>

Now let me state this, my RTV is considered as a farm / tractor unit .... I really don't think they intended for the RTV's to be used as a family vehicle, grocery getter, or something to run down the road to having a Sunday evening drive.... I've drove mine on the road, but I do have the safety triangle on it..... But don't really like putting it on the road, for the blacktop will eat them tires down quickly ...</P>

I live in a small town, everybody knows everybody thing, but I wouldn't trust mine going threw a big city or something like that, for some officers / city officials don't know probobly that much about the laws of the farm / tractor things, and they would try to write a ticket & argue with you telling you it is something that it is not !!!!</P>

</P>