RTV-900 vs. RTV-XG850: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly?

Semper-Fi

Thanks! After mounting them, do you think 28" tires would fit?

Thanks,
Cannot say for sure if 28" would not rub. I have experienced no rubbing with 27" with a load of wood in bed. I have the shocks set at factory specs with my X-1100-C cab. So there is some room to adjust shocks for 28" i am guessing.

FTG-05

Thanks for the fast response! I'm going to seriously consider going to 28", but I still need to do some homework before I order.

Thanks!

FTG-05

Brandon, I'm looking at the ITP Blackwater Evolutions, 28x10-12. Essentially 2" taller than the 26x10-12 I have on my RTV-900.

itp_21_tir_bla_evo_rad_atv-rear.jpg

brandonian85

I bought (27/10/14) tires, Aluminum rims, all stud hardware, (necessary to adapt from factory steel rims) complete. $1,100. The, brand new 2020, factory HD Worksite tires (25/10/12) let me down approx 6 miles deep in the woods. My own fault going over too many stumps LOL. Had no choice but to hump it out to get the trailer. One of lifes learning events. Life is good.
You cant use the factory lug bolts with new rims? I just ordered some wheels, they didnt tell me that.

Semper-Fi

You cant use the factory lug bolts with new rims? I just ordered some wheels, they didnt tell me that.
Ok I hope i don't complicate this answer. My original factory set-up with steel rims. Each hub had 2 threaded holes & 2 threaded studs. Therefore there are 2 threaded stud nuts(appx.1.25"long) & 2 regular nuts attaching each steel wheel.
My new "Vision" aluminum wheels are much thicker with deeper nut hole pockets. So i needed 4 studs on each hub. They provided 2 new (double threaded) studs to insert in the 2 threaded holes in each hub, plus, 4 new longer nuts/wheel. I first had to insert (bottomed them out & lock-tited them in) the 2 provided threaded studs in each hub. Now there are 4 threaded studs per hub to accomodate the 4 new longer nuts they provided. So ,all in all, i was provided 8 double ended threaded studs & 16 new longer nuts to make the switch from steel wheels to aluminum wheels. Amen.

brandonian85

Just noticed while looking at that pic and comparing to the other side, I think they mounted two of the wheels the wrong direction.

brandonian85

That looks great! Looks like plenty of room. Does it affect performance much if at all?
Well it drives/steers so much better. Odometer still shows 25 top speed, but I wonder if it's going faster with the bigger tires? I went up some small hills; seems about the same. I got a big hill I'm gonna try later, curious to see how that goes.