RTV On Duty At Joint Base Hickam/Pearl Harbor.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
A interesting picture is attached of an RTV on duty at joint base Hickam/Pearl. I haven't been on the base since '85 and at that time it was Hickam. I do remember an identification facility out on the edge of the base. It appears the RTV is using the front hitch to push a cart carrying the possible remains of U.S. Servicemen recovered in the Philippines. It must be a pretty fair distance to the facility or they would be carrying the remains. Article pasted in below.

We watch this facebook group to monitor recovery operations in South Korea and exhumations from the Punchbowl, also in Hawaii. Our Uncle was lost in the Pusan Perimeter in the Battle of the Naktong Bulge 6AUG50. We will never stop trying to bring him home. Here's the short article.
https://www.facebook.com/dodpaa?__c...w6ZHS_lY15xDh_MbffRkDKgW9kShlR6s&__tn__=<,P-R

Defense POW / MIA Accounting Agency

#MissionMonday: On December 14, 2023, members of the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (#DPAA) conducted an honorable carry at @Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, #Hawaii.
The ceremony involved transferring cases containing possible osseous material found during a recovery mission in the #Philippines. The cases were transferred to #DPAAlab for scientific analysis and possible identification.
#USArmy photo by Sgt. Edward Randolph
#NeverForget | #OurPromise
#Research. #Recover. #Identify

Attachments

• RTV at JB Hickam Pearl.jpg
    RTV at JB Hickam Pearl.jpg
    652.6 KB · Views: 23

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
There are remains from the major conflicts that are unidentified. I should have been a little more specific. In an effort to reunite families with their missing soldiers, sailors and airmen, DPAA exhumes remains that fit the basic characteristics/found locations of specific KIAs in a hope to making a DNA match to their family. We along with many others have submitted DNA samples. To my knowledge, none of the graves of identified fallen are disturbed.