Rtv x1100c 10,000 mile service

Amarillo

Serviced out the old rtv x1100c today. At 10,000 miles on the odometer and approaching 2000 hours. The gearbox had just a bit of metal on the magnet and the hst is working better than the day i brought it home.
Evidence of consistent, quality maintenance. Good to hear that these things can last many hours/miles. I'm approaching the 200 hour service on my 2023 X1100C.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
It is my observation that the service schedule in the book should be re written. It should say that the oil in the hst should be changed once per year or every 200 hours whichever occurs first. Especially for the owner who uses theirs lightly.

ItBmine

It is my observation that the service schedule in the book should be re written. It should say that the oil in the hst should be changed once per year or every 200 hours whichever occurs first. Especially for the owner who uses theirs lightly.
That's awesome! Good to see they can go that long. I almost think you must hold the mileage record!

I do that with my RTV and my tractors. I replace all fluids and filters every fall regardless that I have not met the hours.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I remember from the old days some commercial owners who had tens of thousands of hours on rtv without anything more than maintenance. Then i think the next would be bordercollie who had almost 4000 hours? I don't remember exactly. But the high hour rtv's all have one thing in common.... they all reached their service intervals in less than a year's time. The most common hst failure over the years share a common thing also.. people adhere to the service schedule but it takes years to accumulate the hours and some use high pressure washers to keep tidy.

Amarillo

I remember from the old days some commercial owners who had tens of thousands of hours on rtv without anything more than maintenance. Then i think the next would be bordercollie who had almost 4000 hours? I don't remember exactly. But the high hour rtv's all have one thing in common.... they all reached their service intervals in less than a year's time. The most common hst failure over the years share a common thing also.. people adhere to the service schedule but it takes years to accumulate the hours and some use high pressure washers to keep tidy.
So change the fluids and filters annually or at the service intervals, whichever comes first and no pressures washers. Any other tips or advice for maintenance? I love to learn from others who have the experience

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
So change the fluids and filters annually or at the service intervals, whichever comes first and no pressures washers. Any other tips or advice for maintenance? I love to learn from others who have the experience
The only other tip i have is....if you drop your bubblegum in the chicken yard? Don't pick it up and put it in your mouth!