RTV X1100C CAB Sound Deadening (Sound Proofing)

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
New to me, RTV X1100C . LOVE IT I must say !!
Inspecting the area between engine and cab compartment looks (And Sounds) like could use a little extra sound proofing
Some parts of it is just thin non insulated plastic between operator and engine compartment.
Thinking of using a product I found called Boom-Matt . or 3m sound dampening sheets from Orielys .
Booth have good rubber and adhesive backing .

What if anything have you guys done to make Cab quieter ?.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
hehhe, Well in a few years I could just remove my hearing aid . But dont need one yet.,
I idled it up and walked around the machine . I think its loader inside than out ? maybe not

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I used dynamat when I was restoring my chevelle. It will definitely reduce vibration and quiet The interior.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
hehhe, Well in a few years I could just remove my hearing aid . But dont need one yet.,
I idled it up and walked around the machine . I think its loader inside than out ? maybe not

when i was at the doctors office a few years ago they made fun of my hard hearing. i told them that my hearing was better than any of them and i could prove it. so they said ok then PROVE IT. i said ok just everyone get real quiet and listen real close and tell me what they could hear. they all did and some heard cars or trucks or cows mooing and such. but nobody could hear the bells ringing like i could. so there you go i was right wasn't i?

Mork

I did the following to help keep dust out of the cab but surprisingly is lowered the internal cab noise quite a bit.
I sealed up both door vents by the side of each seat. I used duct tape and sealed the tray that exposes the engine under the seats. I used black silicone rubber and sealed all body panels inside the cab, up along side each door and behind the seat. It looks great, practically eliminates the dust issue and as I said makes the cab much quieter. I can even listen to the radio while driving. LOL

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I did the following to help keep dust out of the cab but surprisingly is lowered the internal cab noise quite a bit.
I sealed up both door vents by the side of each seat. I used duct tape and sealed the tray that exposes the engine under the seats. I used black silicone rubber and sealed all body panels inside the cab, up along side each door and behind the seat. It looks great, practically eliminates the dust issue and as I said makes the cab much quieter. I can even listen to the radio while driving. LOL

Hmmm I was eye balling that , Vents open to the cab. Looks like the one on the drivers side actually has a function .
Being as is leads to that air tunnel to the cooler under the seat,.. BUT the passenger side just looks like a noise hole,
Maybe it makes is easier to close the doors in the tight cab.. I just roll the window down a bit.,

Today I got some rubber adhesive mats from the car audio store. Only about real thin but is for sound dampening .
I put it where I could a few sheets under the door panel under the seat. between engine and cab where I could.
Inside the drivers side air flow chamber. One on each door inside near the lower portion as just that 12x12 sheet seeed to dampen the inside door panel noise.
I am eye balling that cammo panel on the outside of the door. If I can get that off allowing access to the inner door. I will put it every where it will stick .
Just clean it good first if you use this stuff . Its real sticky . Called ESA Dampening Mats .

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Just ran it a bit and it does seem some what quieter .... Or its just wishful thinking ,,

Mork

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 20201028_191423.jpg
    20201028_191423.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20201028_191432.jpg
    20201028_191432.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 61
  • 20201028_191439.jpg
    20201028_191439.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 20201028_191508.jpg
    20201028_191508.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 62

Mork

Dang Mork,. That things cleaner than a new truck inside. Still smell new?
Actually it is a 2017 and now has 2500kms on it and 180hrs. It is amazing how sealing of the inside has done to keeping the interior of the cab clean. The lower noise level is a bonus!

Last edited:

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
My cab is a lot quieter than before., I hear more noise now coming from the foot peddle area. (Plastic area)
Also noticed when washing it today that if you spray up under the front end toward the fire wall , Water sprays in the floor. Sooo Looks like got some sealing / investigating to do in that area . But it is a Lot Better ..