RTV X1100C with snowblower

Westfield

I can't wait to give updates, that would mean the kubota is sitting in my driveway. Dealer told me they need to order the snowblower. Around 3 weeks. I do not like snow, but l hope we get one last snow storm the day after it arrives in my driveway!

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I can't wait to give updates, that would mean the kubota is sitting in my driveway. Dealer told me they need to order the snowblower. Around 3 weeks. I do not like snow, but l hope we get one last snow storm the day after it arrives in my driveway!

Buying/ordering a snowblower will require the use of fuel for mfr and delivery thereby doubtless add to global warmng and reduce the need for it. LOL

aurthuritis

Site Supporter

i will gladly donate any snow i have in the future

Westfield

I received a call from my Kubota dealer. He told me they will be delivering my machine this Wednesday yee ha:blob_blue:! Looks like I will be having a hard time sleeping for the next 5 nights.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I received a call from my Kubota dealer. He told me they will be delivering my machine this Wednesday yee ha:blob_blue:! Looks like I will be having a hard time sleeping for the next 5 nights.

oh that is just torture!!!!:yum: are you going to have any snow to try it on?

Westfield

maybe you could put it on a trailer and haul it to some snow??

I still need to get a trailer, I am going to wait and see how everything measures up and then possibly purchase one. I may need to get a dovetail because once they put that PTO connect on for the snowblower you only have 5 inches of clearance, so I think that it might bottom out depending on the ramp angle.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I still need to get a trailer, I am going to wait and see how everything measures up and then possibly purchase one. I may need to get a dovetail because once they put that PTO connect on for the snowblower you only have 5 inches of clearance, so I think that it might bottom out depending on the ramp angle.

i bought a used tilt trailer and fixed it up. let me tell ya that is the way to go. the tilting bed is soooo much better than ramps or dovetail and the trailer bed is all useful. :a1:

Westfield

i bought a used tilt trailer and fixed it up. let me tell ya that is the way to go. the tilting bed is soooo much better than ramps or dovetail and the trailer bed is all useful. :a1:[/QUOTE

I will also be looking for a used trailer. I will only be using it once-a-year when I take the machine in for service. As long as I have a solid Frame & Axle I can take care of the rest. Do you have a single or double axle on your trailer?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
my trailer is a 6x16 twin axle care hauler. i use it to move other machinery around the ranch and to haul materiel for fence building and all kinds of stuff. on mine the bed tilts by a screw jack on the tongue rather than a hydraulic ram like most have now. the jack was originally an electric one but the motor was bad so i removed the motor drive and just use my cordless drill to tilt the bed.

Westfield

I was just talking to my neighbor and he offered me his brand new aluminum car hauler trailer. This will work for now but I do not like borrowing stuff from people, this will give me some time to look for trailer.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That is great!! I think lots of folks back their rig on the trailers ( when they have glass windshields) to avoid flying rocks. Have a great tomorrow . Our forecast is for bad weather down here so hopefully you'll be in the clear..

Westfield

Tomorrow it will be sunny with a high of 40 degrees. I woke up at 2:30 this morning guess what was going through my mind I couldn't get back to sleep. I think I will take a sleep aid tonight cuz I know it's going to be a rough night. Can't wait for tomorrow afternoon, I still hope this thing will fit in my garage. I made a wooden measuring jig at the factory specs and everything looks good but I still can't help worrying if it's going to fit my garage, this machine height is so close.

Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Do you have a 7' or 8' height for your garage door?
I have a 900 and it fits under a 7' door if there's nothing on the roof (like lights).
An 8' door height should be fine.
When you open your garage door, does it open where it's the same height as the frame itself or is the door panel still below the rough opening? If it's below and your RTV doesn't fit, you can gain some height by increasing the opening distance. If you don't have a garage door opener, this will require adjusting the spring(s). If you have an opener, it's just a screwdriver adjustment. If you're playing with springs, be careful. There's a couple tricks that make it much safer.

Westfield

Do you have a 7' or 8' height for your garage door?
I have a 900 and it fits under a 7' door if there's nothing on the roof (like lights).
An 8' door height should be fine.
When you open your garage door, does it open where it's the same height as the frame itself or is the door panel still below the rough opening? If it's below and your RTV doesn't fit, you can gain some height by increasing the opening distance. If you don't have a garage door opener, this will require adjusting the spring(s). If you have an opener, it's just a screwdriver adjustment. If you're playing with springs, be careful. There's a couple tricks that make it much safer.

I have a 7 foot garage door. My garage door opening measures 82.3/4" the height of the machine specs is 82.3/8" so it is going to be close. We just built this house 2 years ago why I did not put 8 foot garage doors in is anybody's guess, but I wish I would have. I do have a back-up plan though. I have a cabin in the backyard with a 7 foot garage door also. For a Last resort I could just cut a small portion of the weather stripping off on top of the garage , that would give me an extra 1/2"