RTV x1140 intermittent transmission issues

howerton76

Howdy y'all

Picked up a well used and abused RTV X-1140 and well it starts right up and sometimes drives for a few hours sometimes a few minutes. I have checked and changed filters, exercised the high pressure release on the back. Hydraulic oil looks clean and filters are not showing anything.

I have lifted the rear end and only the back right spins when in gear but on the ground no movement when it's acting up.

The differential lock seems to be seized, when you push the little foot paddle down it goes down but when following the cable back it doesn't actually articulate anything. Maybe I don't fully understand how that one should work idk.

Right before it quites driving we hear a slight clunk coming from below the floor boards not from the rear end. Which leads me to believe the only reason it's moving might of been the RTV is sometimes self engaging into 4x4 and dragging the rear end.

Anywho the plan of act is to replace the high pressure release thingy on the back. Then maybe test the pressure of the pump. See if the 4x4 is self engaging somehow. Any had these issues?

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
did you drain the tank under the passenger seat? Also did you inspect the strainer in that tank?

howerton76

did you drain the tank under the passenger seat? Also did you inspect the strainer in that tank?
I inspected the oil in that tank and confirmed it was the correct level. This machine was maintained professionally just lots and lots of use... I guess I can go get some oil then drain it and pull the strainer! Does anyone know how much it takes to fill it back up?

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
the X1140 and the X1100 have the same transmission and HST unit. go to www.kubotabooks.com and down load a workshop manual the quantities are in there. Make sure you use only Kubota Super UDT2 when you re fill it.

howerton76

I have drained and changed both filters and checked clean pick up screen. Same issue as before, if will drive when it wants then just stop and nothing happens. If I pick the rear off the ground with the tractor the right rear wheel will spin but that is it..

howerton76

Yes download it today! Was thinking about printing it since I'm a little old school when it comes to that stuff.

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
I think if I were you I would either get some gauges and check pressures as per the manual or pull the hst and check the wear on the pump swash plate ant on the motor. Also look for some older post from Arthuritus. He has helped several guys get their machines fixed. He is a wealth of information.

howerton76

Figured I would follow up with the status of my Kubota. After thinking it was the pump or something internal with the transmission, and trying just about everything suggested in the other threads.

I went back and decided to look at the axles again, turns out the left drive axle was stripped! See picture. I have no patience so I picked up a new one from the Kubota dealership this morning and she's running and driving! Was also curious to see what a new one looked like versus my well worn. Anywho for anyone reading this, that is having intermittent issues with driving go ahead and double check your axles!

I will keep y'all posted as issues arise and repairs are made!

Attachments

• PXL_20230911_164659599.jpg
    PXL_20230911_164659599.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20230911_122637687.MP~2.jpg
    PXL_20230911_122637687.MP~2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 24

howerton76

How did the female socket for it look?
Dirty but the socket splines seemed good. Definitely in better shape then the male side. Have about 3 hours on the new axle and so far so good. Now I just need to sort out the 4x4 issue and some random popping noise from the front end.