RTV1100c Kubota Electro-hydraulic Plow - Joystick/Controller Mount?

farmlegend

With a big storm yesterday, finally had a chance to play with my RTV and the plow. It works beautifully, IMO!

But what to do with the handheld joystick/controller in the cab, except for letting it flop around or sticking it in my drink holder. It would be awesome, and much more operationally efficient, if I could mount something to hold the controller and just push buttons on it, rather than fumbling with it every time I want to tilt or raise my blade. Solution ideas?

Dan

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I saw this pic but don't know where the plastic handle comes from.
1674751822640.png

tfdr1

On the X900 I had, I had it mounted on the A post with ty wraps and I just reached up when I had to maneuver plow. I'll probably do something similar when I finally get a plow for my X1100.

Dave

Attachments

• hc_1663184197538.jpg
    hc_1663184197538.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • hc_1663184153561.jpg
    hc_1663184153561.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If you have access to the A post tfdr1 mentioned, you might want to look at DJ O-clamps. I use them everywhere on my RTV-900 (no cab so I can access all the posts).

1674754013761.png

ItBmine

I have the Boss like pictured above. I just like having it in my right hand and pressing the buttons with my thumb as I shift from forward to reverse.

But my installer has my wire harness coming in from the middle of my dash below where my shifter is.

Tinsnip

If you unscrew the two screws in the handle, the “puck” with the controls will become a standalone. I attached some industrial strength Velcro to a spot on the dash near the shifter and it’s out of the way but easy to reach with my right hand.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I have a Boss V-XT and I found it easiest to mount the control with velcro on a piece of HDPE that I mounted to the dash as seen below. I took the handle off the control leaving just the head ("puck" as Tinsnip suggested). I did this with my X900 years ago and now with my X1100C. I like being able to control the plow with my left hand while shifting and steering with the right. This works really well for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1069.JPG
    IMG_1069.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1070.JPG
    IMG_1070.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1071.JPG
    IMG_1071.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1074.JPG
    IMG_1074.JPG