RTV900 loses power and has a whine from the pump

rigwarsbob

Hi all. Just curious if anyone has any ideas for me.

I've got an RTV900 that runs just perfect for about 10 minutes.

Then it will begin losing hydro power (nothing wrong with the engine). High/Medium/Low all just starts losing power and you begin to hear a whine from the pumps. Before long, you are in low, full throttle, and going nowhere. I shut it off for a few minutes, start it right back up and it runs great again.

I've replaced the brass pump plates this year as I thought they may have been scored and causing flow by. But now I'm just at a loss.

Anyone encounter this and have a fix? (it has the proper amount of hydraulic fluid in the case...first thing I thought could be the problem. I've also replaced the filters and ensures that the fluid is not getting too hot.)

Thanks!
Rob

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Are you using OEM filters and Kubota SUDT or are you using aftermarket hyd fluid and filters?
The RTV does NOT like aftermarket hyd fluid.

rigwarsbob

Are you using OEM filters and Kubota SUDT or are you using aftermarket hyd fluid and filters?
The RTV does NOT like aftermarket hyd fluid.
I bought the kubota fluid from the dealer. Same with the filters. I read up on the cheaper fluid and saw what you are talking about.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
just the suction line yes. you are in the correct area. it has been noted that this line can collapse and restrict flow or can separate internally and do the same.

rigwarsbob

Well, I took it out for a spin just now. Took it up and down a few hills til it stopped moving. Kept the throttle going, and checked those two hoses. I didn't see any type of disfigurement in them, but I may replace them anyway. Just in case it is internally collapsing.

Got to put it on a ramp, so I don't have to completely drain it again.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
fuel system????................FILTER..........................PUMP?????????

tank clean and fuel lines clear ????????????

rigwarsbob

fuel system????................FILTER..........................PUMP?????????

tank clean and fuel lines clear ????????????
Hi D&D.

No problem in the diesel. This problem is in the hydraulics. Runs great.

Just no power to the axles. Checking the lines this week.