RTV900 strong idle, weak in gear

Pj423

I have a RTV 900 that was passed down to me from my dad. He had it for a few year and it was so strong! It overheated so we put a new head in it! Ran perfect for a few months and now it idles very strong I step on the throttle when in neutral and it sounds strong! As soon as I put it in gear and step on the throttle even a little it barely moves and sounds and feels weak to the point that it turns off! If I barely step on the throttle it’ll move but it will not go up even a slight incline sometimes and turn off. //What I have done so far
*sent the injectors to a shop to get tested and they are fine
*new fuel filter
*new head and gasket
*Transmission level corrected
*new mechanical lift pump
What hasn’t been done in at least the past 5 years is a change of the 2 hydraulic filters!

Semper-Fi

I have a RTV 900 that was passed down to me from my dad. He had it for a few year and it was so strong! It overheated so we put a new head in it! Ran perfect for a few months and now it idles very strong I step on the throttle when in neutral and it sounds strong! As soon as I put it in gear and step on the throttle even a little it barely moves and sounds and feels weak to the point that it turns off! If I barely step on the throttle it’ll move but it will not go up even a slight incline sometimes and turn off. //What I have done so far
*sent the injectors to a shop to get tested and they are fine
*new fuel filter
*new head and gasket
*Transmission level corrected
*new mechanical lift pump
What hasn’t been done in at least the past 5 years is a change of the 2 hydraulic filters!
Change the existing trans filters with Kubota approved filters. Then change the trans with Kubota Super UDT fluid. Probably will be the less costly first move. Good luck.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
you need to identify if this is a transmission problem or an engine problem. but check your brake linkeages real good cause this could be dragging brakes. has happened more than a few times

Pj423

So I called kubota dealer and they said to start with the transmission filters so I did that today and found this in the white suction filter ☹️

Attachments

• 5B8E8D83-6095-401E-A1DB-ED12419A6E8E.jpeg
    5B8E8D83-6095-401E-A1DB-ED12419A6E8E.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 20
  • 157CEAC7-2E16-4232-9D29-A03346A4E0E7.jpeg
    157CEAC7-2E16-4232-9D29-A03346A4E0E7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • D350FE86-6783-4F32-BEEC-D2F464A494E6.jpeg
    D350FE86-6783-4F32-BEEC-D2F464A494E6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22

Pj423

Change the existing trans filters with Kubota approved filters. Then change the trans with Kubota Super UDT fluid. Probably will be the less costly first move. Good luck.
I did and check out what I found in the suction filter :(

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
cut the filter open and see what else you find. remember that is the suction filter. cut open the hst filter to see of it has bearings in it?

Pj423

cut the filter open and see what else you find. remember that is the suction filter. cut open the hst filter to see of it has bearings in it?
I know that its a suction filter but I’m not sure what it does exactly lol I’ll cut the suction filter tomorrow because I do still hear things in there and the hyst filter the yellow one is clean I don’t see anything or hear anything in it..

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
In Post #1you stated that in neutral the engine revs-up fine, but in “gear” the vehicle barely moves.
Keep in mind that the foot-pedal in a RTV is NOT an “accelerator” in the traditional sense. (although behaves that way when in Neutral.)
The foot pedal is a transmission HST CONTROL which selects swash-plate movement. The engine speed follows only to support that desired/requested transmisison-speed.
What you describe appears to be a healthy engine….and a troubled transmission.…. possibly a linkage issue, but more likely a transmission-fluid related matter. Your filters may be clogged…. and they MAY be clogged with failed transmisison-parts. Getting the filters opened-up and viewing the contents is probably your next best move.

Here’s hoping they are only filled with dirt and not transmission parts.

Pj423

In Post #1you stated that in neutral the engine revs-up fine, but in “gear” the vehicle barely moves.
Keep in mind that the foot-pedal in a RTV is NOT an “accelerator” in the traditional sense. (although behaves that way when in Neutral.)
The foot pedal is a transmission HST CONTROL which selects swash-plate movement. The engine speed follows only to support that desired/requested transmisison-speed.
What you describe appears to be a healthy engine….and a troubled transmission.…. possibly a linkage issue, but more likely a transmission-fluid related matter. Your filters may be clogged…. and they MAY be clogged with failed transmisison-parts. Getting the filters opened-up and viewing the contents is probably your next best move.

Here’s hoping they are only filled with dirt and not transmission parts.

Attachments

• DEBB1E50-EE47-41F7-B5E8-AB85A5C15001.jpeg
    DEBB1E50-EE47-41F7-B5E8-AB85A5C15001.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10