RTV900 Trailer Hauling

<P mce_keep="true">I will be towing my RTV900 to myMontana summer home in a couple of weeks (600 Miles)and would like to know if anyone has ever used the U-Haul Auto trailer to haul the RTV?</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>I have never used a U-Haul trailer for the RTV >>>> As far as that goes, I cannot ever remember not owning a tandem trailer !!!</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3> Personally, I think you would come out better just purchasing a trailer. For at 35-45 dollars a day, ( think that's about what one would run in price ) that can add up quickly. When you can taking that money and paying for something that is yours. And you will be usingthe trailerfor other things as well.</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3> If you were down here, I'd let you use one ofthesetandem trailers !!!</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3><FONT face=Arial size=2> <FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=4>~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3></FONT></P>

G

<P mce_keep="true">I've seen several guys do it without issue.</P>

Thanks Jammie but it only costs $143 + Taxone way from Gig Harbor, Washington to Helena, Montana(includes four days for trip). I have the use of a trailer in Helena when I need it.U-Haul has no information on the RTV so I hope it will fit the trailer when I pick it up. It comes with tie downs that go over thetires and ratchets down to secure the vehicle. I went to my local U-Haul and they did not have one on site to take some measurements. I guess if I pick it up and it will not fit I can returnit and go and buya trailerthat it will fit.

<P mce_keep="true">I wouldn't mind doing it with a tandem axle UHaul trailer but not a single axle. I know it is done a lot, with no problem, but I want four (4) wheels and two (2) axles under my high $$$$$ toys while going down the Interstate. I also have a radar detector for every vehicle and they come on with the key. I am from Illinois you see!![:D][:mad:][:'(] </P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Looked up on the U-Haul site, It states the 6 x 12 trailer Max load is 1915 lbs. </P>

AND THE SPEED LIMIT IS 45 MPH >>>>>>>. I remember now seeing all them MPH decals on them trailers now that I read it !!!!</P>

Don't know about yours, but mine is some over 2000 lbs. now !!!!</P>

<FONT size=2></FONT><FONT color=#ff0000><FONT size=4> <FONT face=JohnHancock>~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>

bigdeer2000

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">i think canyoncreek was considering the tandem axle car hauler not the single axle 6x12.</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">[quote user="bigdeer2000"]

i think canyoncreek was considering the tandem axle car hauler not the single axle 6x12.</P>

[/quote] I was talking about a tandem axle 6 x 12, lookin' at the website:</P>

http://www.uhaul.com/trailers/</P>

showed a tandem axle 6x12 ( open ), clicked on it and the information was there. Heck, I myself, wouldn't haul a RTV on a single axle again. Pulled one to the farm once with a single. ( Needed to get the trailer there, one of them two birds with one stone things )</P>

When I unloaded it. Thanked God I made it,and swore I wouldn't make that mistake again. And it was less than a 20 mile run !!!!!</P>

<FONT size=4><FONT color=#ff0000> <FONT face=JohnHancock>~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>

<P mce_keep="true">Thanks for the information it makes me feel better since I have already reserved one of the tandem axle haulers. I was just a little unsure about the wheel base fitting the ramps since the RTV is shorter wheel base and U-Haul only designated a maximum length and width. You folks at Messick should know, Thanks again.</P>

<P mce_keep="true">The trailer displayed on your post isthe 6X12 Box Trailer they do not rent oneway and load capacity is only 1900 Lbs.. The one I reserved is the tandem wheel auto hauler. Thanks Two Guns!!</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">Sorry 'bout that, my mistake !!!! The auto-hauler will serve you well, and you will feel more comfortable with it !!!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"><FONT size=4><FONT color=#ff0000> <FONT face=JohnHancock>~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>